Page: 1

The Best Value At The Moment Award goes to...

CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So I finally saw Priscilla yesterday afternoon!

I was in Row K of baclony, towards the side of the central block, cheapest seats, and bloody AMAZING view and sound! I did not miss a thing (except the very frist 50cm of the stage... OH WELL!) and the sound was perfect!
Leg room aint great, but I didnt care cause the show was sooo fantastic!
Best thing I have EVER seen in a theatre!
As I said to BoyFromOz when he asked me what I thought... "It's almost as camp as me!"
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
So glad you had a wonderful time and you were not dissapointed!
May have to book some balcony tickets for when I'm next up now..
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jump on that bus, I'm thrilled you enjoyed it.
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was AMAZED!
Especially after EVERYONE said my view would be awful, but it was amazing!
Well worth the 25... even though I didnt pay!
haha
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did you have to stop for a drink on the way up?
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NO! (But maybe a little nap) Ok, you do have a little work out to get to the seat, but is so worth it (and saves you a trip to the gym!)
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I was in a far more expensive seat on sat afternoon but loved it too and didnt feel ripped off, (was in a so called premium seat - for the price of normal stalls, was great, centre aisle noone next to me or infront, looked a right loner) really loved it.
Will go back - but with better planning and head for the sky.

I do love my for external use only ping pong ball.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have one of those too!
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HUH! I WANT ONE!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You have to be in the first 5 rows and prepared to fight for one!
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I CANT AFFORD TO SIT THERE! And if i fight for one I may break a nail! re: The Best Value At The Moment Award goes to...
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, I broke three!!!!

They wern't mine by the way!
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have 6 Priscilla pink ping pong balls, they have just in my bag idle.

I looked at Priscilla website last week and I saw no mention of premium seating, so can only assume they have done away with it?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its still offered, its just not forced upon you like other shows, esp in New York!

On averge shows hold over approx 50/60 seats at the Premium price.
On average only 8 to 10 are sold at those prices for each show with the others being sold at the normal rate.
Updated On: 6/22/09 at 01:46 PM
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Was it the Broadway production of The Producers, that introduced the concept of premium seating.

I laugh if I got a ticket that was up for sale for premium price and I managed to get hold of it at TKTS.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Laugh away but that is exactly what happens on so many performances on Broadway.
They hold them back so long that any passing trade has died off and the only outlet for tickets is the booth.
I myself and many friends have had stupendous seats on the day and we guess for this very reason.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Virtually every show is up for grabs for Broadway, I suspect they hope to fleece the general unsuspecting too much money public that it is the seat to have, only if they know the row behind them is a 1/3 of the premium price and the person next to them may have a ticket for 1/5 of what they paid from TKTS.

It is a ingenious concept, sell them for through the roof first of all, then if they don't sell drop them to standard price, then offload the remainder to TKTS.

'Today I make this pledge, using the West End message board and to the British public as a whole, I will never buy a premium ticket!'
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
On the Saturday I was there to see Liza a few months back I couldn't work out what show on Broadway WASNT on that board at 6pm that night and again a few weeks -you had free choice of what to see at half price!
TimesSquareRegular Profile PhotoTimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Was it the Broadway production of The Producers, that introduced the concept of premium seating."

Actually, when the original production of A CHORUS LINE opened in the 70's, the Public Theatre (the producers) announced that they were fed up with scalpers making big bucks and that if people were willing to spend a couple of hundred dollars for an orchestra seat, then the Public Theatre should get it - and they introduced premium seating.
2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)