Page: 1

Les Miz Cardiff

luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Les Miz Cardiff#1
Posted: 5/11/09 at 5:37pm
Well I was in the Spar today and what should I see but an ad for a Les Miserables tour kicking off in Cardiff's Wales Milennium Centre on the cover of the free press. It begins on what I believe was 11.12.09. Very exciting news indeed. I believe I squealed Les Miz Cardiff
Can't seem to find anything online though...news?
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Les Miz Cardiff#2
Posted: 5/12/09 at 1:53am
I read this last night on a website about the Les Mis concert on the Isle Of Weight. This is it's 25th Anniversary Tour to kick off at the Cardiff Millenium Centre! I will see if I can find the site!
Updated On: 5/12/09 at 01:53 AM
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Les Miz Cardiff#2
Posted: 5/12/09 at 1:56am
Copied and Pasted from Earl's site!

"Earl is set to stay as Javert in Les Misťrables at the Queens Theatre until Saturday 31st October. The new cast change happens on June 22nd as the show heads towards it?s 24th Anniversary with a 25th Anniversary tour in pre-production and set to premiere at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff this December with scheduled performances from 11th December through to the 16th January 2010."
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Les Miz Cardiff#3
Posted: 5/12/09 at 6:21am
Anyone know when this goes on sale? I swear the WMC booklet said today but it's not on the website?
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Les Miz Cardiff#4
Posted: 5/12/09 at 6:24am
It's just gone up on the WMC website, the link isn't working for me yet but its under 'Coming Soon' on the home page.
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Les Miz Cardiff#5
Posted: 5/12/09 at 7:31am
ta, it's working now, just booked tickets-for me and five others!!! I'm now owed a lot of money!!

Tickets are getting more expensive there-£45 for top price, still it beats £60-plus in London.
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Les Miz Cardiff#6
Posted: 5/12/09 at 7:52am
"t's working now, just booked tickets-for me and five others!!! I'm now owed a lot of money!!"

Did it let you pick your seats like it used to? It always used to let you hand pick your seats but it wont appear to let me. And wtf have they done with their pricing? Different levels all over the place - Lower stalls, mid stalls and raised stalls when it used to be Mid/Raised stalls together.

I get that it is an big and expensive show to run WMC, but this is starting to push it. Yes, its still a lot cheaper than London, especially when that usually means a train journey and overnighting in a hotel too but still - £45?
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Les Miz Cardiff#7
Posted: 5/12/09 at 8:14am
Thats only a tenner less than top price london. Les Mis is still a £55 show not a £60+ and regularly £34 on tkts, so £45 on tour seems vert steep.
Am sure it'll be a good quality tour though.
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Les Miz Cardiff#8
Posted: 5/12/09 at 8:30am
It didn't let me pick my seats no-it was only because they came up with what I was aiming for (second row circle) I used it. That seems a hit and miss thing on the WMC site, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

The actual ticket price may not be that good then but I agree it saves the train/hotel etc which is actually most off putting for me.
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Les Miz Cardiff#9
Posted: 5/12/09 at 8:51am
"The actual ticket price may not be that good then but I agree it saves the train/hotel etc which is actually most off putting for me."

Its exactly the same for me, I don't mind the cost of the shows in London, it's everything else piled on top that is the problem. the WMC is easy for me - half an hour down the road, there and back in one evening.

"It didn't let me pick my seats no-it was only because they came up with what I was aiming for (second row circle) I used it. That seems a hit and miss thing on the WMC site, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't."

Hmm, it's always worked for me, everytime I've used it. Ha, you go for the same kind of area I go for.
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Les Miz Cardiff#10
Posted: 5/12/09 at 9:17am
'Ha, you go for the same kind of area I go for.'

:) who knows we might have been sat near each other previously!

I don't often go for front stalls and I hate those raised stalls in the WMC-not least because it's always been bloody freezing there whenever I've sat there!

Aparently the phone lines have been busy all day today!
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Les Miz Cardiff#11
Posted: 5/12/09 at 9:45am
"We could very well have been sat near each other, you never know. I tend to go on weeknights though."

I sort of like the raised stalls in that not many people sit on the side blocks because they think the view wont be very good, so on shows such as Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I went for there so that I wouldn't be around so many kids - had most of the block to myself and my party both times with no annoying children. But for other shows I sit in the first couple of rows of the circle (I like the first row for the legroom, I'm a long legged person). I've never noticed it be cold though.
Updated On: 5/12/09 at 09:45 AM
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Les Miz Cardiff#12
Posted: 5/12/09 at 9:57am
It was probably my bad luck! I froze through nearly 6 hours of Nicholas Nickelby a couple of years back! I'm also a fan of the restricted view balconies for things I'm not bothered about! They're not bad and you get to move your seat about to allow for legroom (as my mother often does!)
n_les_mis Profile Photon_les_mis Profile Photo
n_les_mis
Swing
Swing
re: Les Miz Cardiff#13
Posted: 5/12/09 at 1:16pm
I know there was some talk about this going on to other theatres, is there any word yet on whether or when it's coming to Birmingham?