Page: 1

Paris la Belle

Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Paris la Belle#1
Posted: 3/23/09 at 8:01pm
Great news from Paris... A great number of musicals are coming up !

Theatre du Chatelet : "The Sound of Music" (December 2009) & A "Little Night Music" (15th to 20th February 2010) staged by Jonathan Stockhammer starring Leslie Caron & Lambert Wilson.

Folies Bergeres : "Zorro" adapted from the Gipsy Kings' hits.

Mogador : "Mamma Mia !" in French.

Le Trianon : "Hairspray" in French.

Comedia : "Victor, Victoria" in September or October.

Palais des sports : "Mozart, the Rock opera" (September 2009).

Palais des congres : "Les trois mouquetaires" (November 2010).

Some others may appear like "the Producers" or a revival of "Les Mis" but none of them both have been confirmed yet.

Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Updated On: 3/24/09 at 08:01 PM
twitchy+bitchy+manic
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Paris la Belle#2
Posted: 3/23/09 at 8:47pm
ahh, a french production of 'A Little Night Music"? that is amazing! I've been trying to find a french translation of any sondheim piece for ages, but being able to actually see a production in french might be even better...I'm gonna have to get over to see that, for sure. Hooray for french musical productions!
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Paris la Belle#2
Posted: 3/24/09 at 6:08am
im deffo want to see mamma mia in french and probs hairspray ! but a revial of les mis would be fnatastic ! and with the new 2008 dutch orchestrations ! that would make my day !
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Paris la Belle#3
Posted: 3/24/09 at 6:35am
You lucky thing! When I lived in Paris there wasn't a musical in sight- and even Cats lasted about 2 weeks!
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Paris la Belle#4
Posted: 3/24/09 at 7:52am
Sorry Twitchy, it will be in English !!!
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Paris la Belle#5
Posted: 3/24/09 at 7:56am
There even a theatre which programming is only based on musical theatre : Marsoulan (12th district of Paris)
http://www.theatremarsoulan.com/
twitchy+bitchy+manic
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Paris la Belle#6
Posted: 3/24/09 at 4:49pm
oh...I'm sad. re: Paris la Belle I know there have been translations of sondheim's works into other languages, but why does it seem there aren't any into french? maybe I've just not been looking hard enough.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Paris la Belle#7
Posted: 3/24/09 at 4:53pm
Looks like a great programme there! Though I must say I wouldn't want to sit through Mamma Mia again in French, English or any other possible language. lol
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Paris la Belle#8
Posted: 3/24/09 at 5:47pm
I'm very excited about Leslie Caron in A Little Night Music and Hairspray in French should be really something.
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Paris la Belle#9
Posted: 3/24/09 at 8:28pm
I must say that I thank god that A little Night Music should be in English. It's like dubbing foreign films... Awkward and useless !
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Paris la Belle#10
Posted: 4/18/09 at 5:11pm
It was announced that Lara Fabian will play the roles of Victor and Victoria in the musical of the same name ! Isn't it great???
She's got a great voice...!
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Paris la Belle#11
Posted: 4/22/09 at 4:47pm
We heard today that Pef (from Les Robins des Bois) is going to adapt Spamalot in French and will present it in Paris in January 2010 !
Greeeeeaaaaat...
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Paris la Belle#12
Posted: 4/23/09 at 9:31am
Que tu as la chance!

Why do you think there has been this mini-boom? What are audience figues like generally?
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Paris la Belle#13
Posted: 4/23/09 at 2:36pm
Can't give you precise figures since I'm not in the business but the latest musicals in Paris have sold well even though they did not last as long as they could have lasted... It's not a French habit to have musicals to play for years as it is the case on Broadway or in the West End... and it's a pity !

But i've read that a new production of "Les Miserables" is on the way for September and is to be played in Lausanne (Switzerland). It will use the original 1981 French version material... And another great piece of news !
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Paris la Belle#14
Posted: 5/10/09 at 1:13pm
"Mamma Mia!" has been delayed so that "The Lion King" may have another successful year in the French capital city ! snif
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Paris la Belle#15
Posted: 5/10/09 at 1:16pm
i like le roi lion ! apart from the madness of king scar which has been ruined
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt