Page: 1

Friday Fun: Watching the Watchmen

exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Friday Fun: Watching the Watchmen#1
Posted: 3/6/09 at 12:44pm
Yes folks, it's once again time for the infamous Friday thread.

On this end, I've amazingly gone the entire week without going to the theatre. No, Vampires Rock didn't scare me away for good, but cash has been tight (still unemployed...) and there honestly isn't anything grabbing my attention on the seat-filling lists.

A free Vue pass, however, got me out of the house quite well to catch an afternoon screening of Watchmen. All I'm going to say is OMFG this movie is fecking INCREDIBLE. Visually, tonally, and just all around amazing. See it as soon as possible since I want people to discuss it with.

(And you see quite a lot of the actors. Quite. A. Lot.)

Oh, and I believe I heard something about it being Weez's birthday this weekend?
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Friday Fun: Watching the Watchmen#2
Posted: 3/6/09 at 4:13pm
I have noticed Sam achieve the dizzy heights of Broadway Legend, congratulations!!!!!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Friday Fun: Watching the Watchmen#2
Posted: 3/6/09 at 7:48pm
I see many shows this weekend. Friday = war day, with Stovepipe in Shepherd's Bush and War Horse at the National. Saturday = Shakespeare day, with Taming of the Shrew at the Novello and King Lear at the Young Vic. Sunday and Monday have been given over to musicals, with A Little Night Music and Zorro respectively.

I WISH the film people would confer with me before setting release dates. It is going to be WEDNESDAY before I get to see Watchmen. D:
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Friday Fun: Watching the Watchmen#3
Posted: 3/6/09 at 8:18pm
Wednesday is too long to wait - see Watchmen ASAP.