Page: 1

Is Priscill the musical any differnt than the film version?

sam31
Stand-by
Stand-by
I just wonder if anyone has seen the Australian production of Priscilla the musical and if so how different was it to the film and do you think the West End production will be any differnt to the Australian production?
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ah well, it is now a stage musical but the story remains the same. The production, I understand is the same as the Australian presentation. It has the same creative team. There is one original cast member in Tony Sheldon playing the role of Bernadette.(Pictured at left).
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its very different I guess. Its on stage and its live- thats enough for me!
Oh and the costume budget would put most shows to shame!
Khashoggi Profile PhotoKhashoggi Profile Photo
Khashoggi
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
The show retains a very story line, in fact it is almost exactly the same scene by scene. Though of course, the addition of musical numbers changes the basic structure somewhat. Tony's performance of Bernadette is very different to Terrence Stamp's. Tony is a lot warmer, slightly more playful than Terrence's was. West End audiences will love him.
"I will join this conversation on the proviso that we stop bitching about people. Wigs, dresses, bust sizes, penises, nightclubs and bloody Kylie!" - Bernadette, Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical
figgy1978
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Including the ping pong scene?
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Including the ping pong ball scene.