Page: 1

Stupid Yank Question

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile PhotoSchmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Stupid Yank Question#1
Posted: 1/12/09 at 7:27pm
I've been trying to get up the courage to ask this question for like four months... please don't laugh at me too much.

Now, I am an American kid who really, really loves Michael Ball. I know that in New York, you can send fan mail straight to the theatre where a show is playing (ie., send fan mail to Norm Lewis to the Lunt-Fontanne theatre). Now, is it possible to send fan mail to Michael Ball to the Shaftesbury... that he might end up reading?

I know that his website lists some ways to contact him and the theatre is not included, but the site is confusing because it lists three different ways to contact him...

Yeah, I've never sent ANYONE fan mail before... ever. But Michael Ball is my favourite performer and I really would like to contact him, even though I feel very shy and embarrassed and borderline creepy about it.
In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Stupid Yank Question#2
Posted: 1/12/09 at 7:37pm
Send it to the stage door and there is a wonderful old guy there called Tom who has been there as stage door keeper for some 20 odd years. He sorts out all the cast mail and its pretty certain Michael Ball will get it via him
Schmerg_The_Impaler
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Stupid Yank Question#2
Posted: 1/12/09 at 7:54pm
Awww, encouraging to know! Knew I could depend on the West End board...

Now I just need to find enough stamps for the envelope AND for the SASE!
In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Stupid Yank Question#3
Posted: 1/13/09 at 12:04pm
Just incase you dont have it...

Michael Ball
C/O Stage Door
Shaftesbury Theatre
210 Shaftesbury Avenue
London
WC2H 8DP
United Kingdom

I know people who have sent him fan mail and have ALWAYS got replies! He is VERY good and loyal to fans. And dont be embarrassed, there is nothing wrong with sending fan mail to such a big celebrity like Michael Ball!
Updated On: 1/13/09 at 12:04 PM
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Stupid Yank Question#4
Posted: 1/13/09 at 4:08pm
C'mon Schmerg - I was hoping for a much more stupid question than this. re: Stupid Yank Question
Updated On: 1/13/09 at 04:08 PM
Schmerg_The_Impaler
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Stupid Yank Question#5
Posted: 1/13/09 at 5:04pm
You want stupid questions? Eat your heart out! https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=987785&boardname=off&dt=66&boardid=2

CONAries-- thank you SO much! And that's very heartening to hear, too. I wrote my letter out, and hopefully I'll be able to send it over soon.

Updated On: 1/13/09 at 05:04 PM
Schmerg_The_Impaler
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Stupid Yank Question#6
Posted: 1/22/09 at 8:39pm
Well, I'm having a slight problem with my lovely little letter. You see, I can't stamp my self-addressed stamped envelope because there's no way to buy British postage stamps in America, and I won't be able to get anything back unless I have stamps. Do you know if there's any way I can buy current British stamps online or something?
tenorboyo Profile Phototenorboyo Profile Photo
tenorboyo
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Stupid Yank Question#7
Posted: 1/22/09 at 9:29pm
oh, that just hurt my brain. i cannot think of things like that...hope you find a way though
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Stupid Yank Question#8
Posted: 1/23/09 at 3:26am
You will need an international reply coupon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reply_coupon

They are $2.10 according to http://www.usps.com/prices/extra-services-prices.htm and the person in the UK can swap it for the correct stamps to send it back to you.
tenorboyo Profile Phototenorboyo Profile Photo
tenorboyo
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Stupid Yank Question#9
Posted: 1/23/09 at 5:26am
wow, who knew they could do that???? my head doesnt hurt quite as much now. i briefly tried to nut all of this out, but the pain became overwhelming, yay for you turquoise