Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Yey! Anyone have any word on other tour dates *crosses fingers for Cardiff*
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hope the public still want to see her in the show as she proved a hard sell once she left what with 2 concerts being called off and not much else being offered except 'Theyre Playing Our Song'.
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Good and Bad news, glad it's touring and coming to Southampton, but why Connie? Summer is SO much better!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Southampton was the first of her conccet dates to pulled due to incredibly low ticket sales, the rest of the tour followed.
Gabz31
Swing
Swing
There is a press conference about this today .
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
type cast much lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SOM will sell, coach parties and the older generation will love it regardless of who is in it (plus in my view it is a brilliant production. With Connies name attached it will just be a bonus, however if it was just Connie on her own I agree she would be a hard sell.

Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well as much as i enjoyed it with connie fisher, the second time i saw it with connie she was litterally a twig you could have snaped in half ! sorry to connie fans but she lost so much weight and she didnt have the flare and talent anymore she just seemed to have faded away !
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Trekkie Monster Profile PhotoTrekkie Monster Profile Photo
Trekkie Monster
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have not seen Connie perform, only in the reality show on TV, I know people who have seen her perform in 'The sound of Music' and 'They're playing our song'; and really enjoyed her prescence, I truly believe she has something to offer the West End in future, same as Lee Mead.

A solo tour was very ambitious from Connie, but believe she has something to offer and hope she does not get sterotyped as 'her from The Sound of Music from TV' she is better than that!
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
The tour wasn't so unfeasible for Connie. It was just a bit (extremely) silly in terms of the venues. They were just too big!

I didn't see "They're Playing Our Song", but she was supposed to have been very good in that. The problem with her is that she just doesn't seem too obviously terribly versatile. It's that whole Julie Andrews thing that she has going on, which got her cast in the first place and served Julie Andrews very well, but which doesn't seem to be as appopriate for so much more today. I'm no "fan", but I am quite sorry in a way that she is doing the TSOM tour. It seems a little retrograde. She had moved on. This seems like a step back. But I suspect the rationale behind it was to take her to the people, as it were, given that many who voted won't have been able to get to London.
Updated On: 11/25/08 at 05:14 PM
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Is she having an alternate?

Am sure the pensioners will flock to it.

Just wish we were getting a more enticing replacement in the palladium.

Any rumours for summers next job?
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes she is, she is off Monday nights and thurs mats...in Southampton anyway
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This surely can't be the best move for her career. Granted she's a working actor, which is always good, but i agree with previous comments that she'll be known even more as the girl from that sound of music show. I reckon she's shot herself in the foot with this one =(
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh great so theatre audiences in the provinces are expected to tun out in the thousands to see an alternative on tour. The public will have a good memory of the Palladium fiasco and I really don't see this tour selling around the big houses across the UK. The mid week shows are the ones that will be hardest to sell at any time and will now be even harder without the 'star' name appearing at certain performances.
Not a good move. Why are they even going down the 'alternative' route with this show when every other touring musical doesn't.