Page: 1

Lee Mead to JCS and Gethin to Joseph...according to Baz

Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In Bazs column today he says Lee Meads next role will be in the tour of JCS, and Gethin Jones will be putting on the loin cloth as Joseph. Not sure how much truth there is but he is usually pretty spot on
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What???
Can Gethin actually sing? i always take what Baz says with a pinch of salt.Sometimes i feel he just writes stuff to fill column inches
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Baz is at least 5800% more reliable than the Mirror though. So I'd say Gethin is at least far more likely to go into Joseph than the other rumour. Popbitch apparently have also reported on Gethin going into Joseph. It's... not totally unbelievable, I'd say.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If he can sing then its good casting, he will look VERY good in the loin cloth.
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Well, obviously there are exceptions, but usually people in showbiz who worked to get there (ie went to stage school, not big brother) will be able to sing and act, maybe even dance.

I'd say he has at least acting and dancing down...so he may strike us with a triple threat!

Galinda4
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, I've definitely heard worse than Gethin.

Like... Zoe! Urgh! She's causing me pain! XP
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
I looked to see if there was a clip on Youtube (isn't), but he did do the Blue Peter "Any Dream Will Do" audition thing. And he was pretty diabolically awful, as I recall!

But it would just be doing a "Philip Schofield" for this decade. He would sell tickets! And that apparent quote from a cast member who said he was "flat enough to have canals" was both quite funny and highly unlikely to have been made up. But whether that was re audition or rehearsing is another question. It seems a little early to have been reheaasing in a hurry in the theatre itself, unless the plan is to have him cover during Lee Mead's next break as well.
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
But what happened to Zac Efron then, after the Wicked one indicated that he had apparently signed? Or was Gethin Jones the previous anticipated "exciting" announcement that didn't happen, possibly because he really couldn't sing adequately at all?
Updated On: 9/19/08 at 11:35 AM
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
and would Lee go on tour? As the misses indicated she left the radio ass they didnt see enough of each other.
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
i've seen him in a concert when i was in Wales and i didnt think he was that bad. i think the youtube vid posted is a bad representation.

atleast he can hold a tune...
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
luceecool
Understudy
Understudy
Well, he has Grade eight piano and violin so that suggests that he's at least musical even if not a great singer. And yes I also agree Gethin in a loin cloth mmm.....
NewYorkYankee2006 Profile PhotoNewYorkYankee2006 Profile Photo
NewYorkYankee2006
Stand-by
Stand-by
i thought zac efron was in the running for the joseph role after lee mead finished? it was in talks with andrew lloyd webber.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This tour has been planned many months ago and is due on the road next August. (shrugs)
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
I would actually love a JCS revival (preferably with Steve Balsamo again)! But a tour seems a little surprising, especially with someone as prestigious now as Marianne Elliott at the helm. And August timing seems odd as well.

But that something was happening re JCS did occur to me when I heard that Daniel Boys had sung "Gethsemane" at the Faenol, and then that Jessie girl sang "I don't know how to love him" at the concert last week as well. Please tell me that if it is still on the table, that it isn't going to be a reality show fest, like the Joseph tour! Or maybe it isn't known yet who else is involved?

And was Gethin Jones the announcement that didn't happen, or did Zac Efron not sign as you previously suggested?