theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#1
Posted: 9/13/08 at 10:04am
FROM facebook ----

Christopher D. Clegg Presents

BETWIXT!

The Ambassadors Theatre
Tuesday 14th October 2008
In support of TheatreMAD

After a successful run at the King’s Head Theatre this year, Betwixt! Will be performed in the West End for one night only in support of the amazing work done by TheatreMAD, featuring Rosemary Ashe, Tim Howar, Sheridan Smith and David Bedella as the Great Garbo, it promises to be a great show! (More Cast to be announced soon!!)

BETWIXT! tells the story of Bailey Howard, a writer of fairy tales for adults and his flamboyant friend Cooper Fitzgerald, who are magically transported to the kingdom of Taravatania. Their arrival fulfils an ancient prophecy that the oppressed land and its kidnapped Prince Haydn will be rescued by a conquering hero and a great queen.

TheatreMAD is the committed response from the British theatre community and its audiences. We draw upon its talents, resources and generosity though exciting events to raise money and awareness to help people affected by HIV, AIDS and other critical illnesses.

Voted CRITICS CHOICE in Time Out Magazine and listed as the NUMBER ONE THING TO SEE by The Times Betwixt! blends Sitcom styled dialogue with Musical comedy in this grown up fairy tale romp where the “cynicism of Sex and The City meets the fantasy of Wicked”(The Stage).

Chairman of TheatreMAD, David Pendlebury, had this to add: 'At TheatreMAD, we love to collaborate with exciting new talent and are delighted to be working with Christopher Clegg and Ian McFarlane on BETWIXT! They have put together a stellar line-up - David Bedella, Sheridan Smith, Tim Howar, - for this glittering new musical, all of whom have performed at TheatreMAD events in the past. We hope you'll come along and help us to raise lots of money for people affected by HIV and AIDS. It promises to be a fabulous show.'

Also coming up in 2008, TheatreMAD present their gender-swapping Flaunt It! late night cabaret on Thursday 30th October, followed by a West End Christmas Concert at the Actors' Church on Sunday 30th November. Also, from 29th November - 7th December theatres nationwide will be holding World AIDS Day Bucket Collections on behalf of the charity. Check out www.theatremad.org.uk for more information.

Betwixt! Is written by Ian McFarlane with Direction by Kate Golledge, Musical Direction by Robert Emery and Choreography by Lucie Pankhurst.

TICKETS:
There are only a limited number of seats to this event.

Tickets go on sale Tuesday 16th Septmeber priced £27.50, (limited number @£22.50)

Box Office:
08448 112 334
www.ticketmaster.co.uk
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#2
Posted: 9/13/08 at 11:20am
So going. This show was incredible and I'll gladly pay to see it again.

Meanwhile, wtf is with putting everything on Facebook these days and not, say, the show's website?
mcalpine84 Profile Photomcalpine84 Profile Photo
mcalpine84
Understudy
Understudy
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#2
Posted: 9/15/08 at 6:27am
what an awesome cast! I am so going.

Check out Betwixt! making it to the west end!! looks like these fringe musicals are doing quite well for themselves!! :)

bring on the revolution....! haha.
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#3
Posted: 9/15/08 at 6:47pm
Just booked my tickets - for some reason the Ticketmaster website let me purchase tickets 11 hours early!
legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#4
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:23am
I got my tickets! Am looking forward to it.
chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#5
Posted: 9/19/08 at 6:12am
Sarah Lark and the Handsom Stefan Booth have been added to the cast list on the facebook page!! This looks cool xx
Misplaced Profile PhotoMisplaced Profile Photo
Misplaced
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#6
Posted: 9/19/08 at 5:04pm
^^"Just booked my tickets - for some reason the Ticketmaster website let me purchase tickets 11 hours early!"

Your fault I could only get Row D in the stalls when booking approximately 30 seconds after booking "officially" opened then!

mcalpine84
Understudy
Understudy
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#7
Posted: 9/20/08 at 8:25am
Isn't row D in the stalls a good seat?! I don't know the theatre very well. Is the ambassadors a big one? Im actually quite excited about this now. The cast is good! Do you think it could get a West End home permanently?
ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#8
Posted: 9/20/08 at 9:56am
its a smaller house. 400? 450 somthing like that. lovely theatre... and Stefan Booth? Yum. Tim Howar Yummer
chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#9
Posted: 9/20/08 at 1:17pm
surely its Tim Howar-yum, and Stefan Booth Yummer?!?! Have you seen mr booth in just his pants?! (google it- its worth it) x
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#10
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:06pm
From little seeds......
This has a big future I think.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#11
Posted: 9/22/08 at 1:18pm
Take a look at YouYube and enter Betwixed!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#12
Posted: 9/22/08 at 1:28pm
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...

The Ambassadors is tiny!
The rear stalls can be a bit claustraphobic past row N as the the circle has a very deep overhang. Otherwise the Ambassadors is fine wherever you get seats.

Updated On: 9/22/08 at 01:28 PM
Misplaced Profile PhotoMisplaced Profile Photo
Misplaced
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#13
Posted: 9/22/08 at 3:23pm
^^"Isn't row D in the stalls a good seat?!"

Yes, very good seat (it's a tiny theatre, as the seating chart shows) ... there was a smiley face missing up there, sorry ...

I saw this at the King's Head and really looking forward to it! (Of course the King's Head is positively miniscule and we were practically sitting ON the stage)

mcalpine84
Understudy
Understudy
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#14
Posted: 9/22/08 at 9:21pm
wickedboy: Did you see it at the King's Head?! If so, what did you think... and are you going to this one?!

Misplaced: have you got tickets yet? where are you sitting?

It is a tiny little venue isn't it...and I will make sure I'm not too far back though... It scares me when the circle is hanging over me! lol.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#15
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:15am
I didn't see it at the Kings Head which is unusual because i try and see as many things as i can outside town esp at places like The Kings Head. I am certainly going to try and not miss this performance in October.
Macalpine (do u know anyone in construction by any chance?) if, as you say you hate circle overhangs do be careful where you sit. The circle is very low over the stalls in this theatre, very low, but if you sit in the circle itself then its a claustraphobs dream up there.
The last few rows of the stalls actually rake backwards towards the rear wall and not towards the stage!!!!

Updated On: 9/23/08 at 04:15 AM
mcalpine84
Understudy
Understudy
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#16
Posted: 9/29/08 at 6:39am
WB- I don't funnily enough. It comes from my mothers/grandma's family... my mum worked in a shoe shop.... not really construction is it?! Haha.

I have my tickets *yay* Im so excited, and on the Facebook group they have just added Josefina Gabrielle...! WOW! Lol, i Love her. If this isn't amazing i'll be shocked! I can't believe what a great great cast they have. crazy!
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#17
Posted: 9/29/08 at 7:07am
WTF is this obsession with posting everything on facebook vs. sending actual press releases or listing news items on the show's website? I want theatre news, not an intrusive overlord indexing my private life.
legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#18
Posted: 9/29/08 at 7:09am
I'm confused as to why no articles have appeared on BWW or WOS, surely that would help sell tickets?
mcalpine84
Understudy
Understudy
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#19
Posted: 9/30/08 at 2:00pm
it's just appeared on WOS, and is on the betwixt website (kind of) but it's not on here anywhere....! well, apart form thsi thread (duh!)

Anyhoo- i have my tickets re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert... so Im happy.

I hope it sells well though for Theatre mad. they are such a good cause it'd be a shame not to fill it out. But then, as webe said its only a small theatre so it should be ok!! Especially with that cast.
mcalpine84
Understudy
Understudy
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#20
Posted: 9/30/08 at 2:02pm
ooh, its on musical stages website 2. but not sure if many people look at that!

does this show remind anyone else of xanadu a little bit?! Its crazy-ness....!?
legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: theatre mad - BETWIXT! in concert...#21
Posted: 9/30/08 at 2:06pm
I just got a message on facebook about the final cast list:

Tim Howar
Ian McFarlane
Abi Newberry
David Bedella
Rosemary Ashe
Josefina Gabrielle
Sheridan Smith
Stefan Booth
Sarah Lark
Ross Aldred
Roberta Mann

Plus our fabulous ensembles made up of 8 wonderfully talented performers from Arts ED, 9 of the amazing London Gay Men's Chrous and, of course, The Great Garbo's Theatre Troupe to be rivalled no-where in the land!!