Page: 1

Waiting for a Godot revival?

Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Waiting for a Godot revival?#1
Posted: 9/1/08 at 6:16pm
That one that's rumoured to hit the Theatre Royal Haymarket next spring with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen sounds like it may be a little bit more than mere rumour. Either that, or Patrick Stewart has decided to learn half the script for fun. See, open days are useful, informative things. Waiting for a Godot revival?
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#2
Posted: 9/1/08 at 6:31pm
Oh Weez, this has brightened my evening. We studied Waiting for Godot for gcse drama, and i fell in love! Ta for sharing your lil bit of juicy gossip...see you may not have got the swords but it seems like this was a very worthwhile day! well done :)
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
sondheimgeek Profile Photosondheimgeek Profile Photo
sondheimgeek
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#2
Posted: 9/1/08 at 7:29pm
This is good news indeed! I'm actually working on a production of this in mid-march of this coming year! I'd love to see this revival actually happen!
"Light the candles! Get the ice out! Roll the rug up, it's today!"
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#3
Posted: 9/2/08 at 5:54am
when ever someone mentions wating for godot i always thik about the bit in acirn antiqes the msucial on dvd then the director man say ! i did a production of wating for godot in tesco car park with actual urination !
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#4
Posted: 9/2/08 at 1:00pm
I think the McKellen/ Stewart revival begins on Broadway. I'm sure a transfer could be possible though.
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#5
Posted: 9/2/08 at 1:01pm
PS If you learn half of Waiting for Godot, haven't you learned the whole play? :)
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#6
Posted: 9/2/08 at 2:43pm
I'm under the impression - which could be a very confused impression because I didn't look into it too deeply at the time - that there's a production in the US that'll be starting out in the regions before going to Broadway, whereas this is a separate one entirely. If I weren't going out in, like, four minutes, I'd do some research. When I checked the Gossip bit of WoS though, there was no suggestion of Stewart on Broadway. I think.

Note to self: get ready to go instead of being on the internet, it's much more helpful.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#7
Posted: 9/2/08 at 10:57pm
Broadway first and its in very advanced stages of production! This will be interesting!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
JIJane
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#8
Posted: 9/4/08 at 5:10am
It's just been in the West End recently, why revive it again only 2 years later??
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Waiting for a Godot revival?#9
Posted: 9/4/08 at 3:03pm
Its one of those plays that just goes round and round and on and on and on....
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'