The lease is up on Rent Remixed as it closes in Febuary

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well its reviews were bad, most audience members found it laughable and unnecessary and its been no secret that box office has been low, now Rent Remixed will close on February 2nd

The show was booking till april but has admitted defeat and posted its early closing notices the other night.

They are hoping to take it on tour and round europe but if that happens is looking unlikely.

The show will be replaced by the acclaimed version of Mozart's opera The Magic Flute by South African company Isango/Portobello.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/113661.html
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just got back from a dinner mixing pleasure with business (the pleasure part was wonderful) and suddenly reading this on here i'm having to bite my lip!!!!!!! (for at least another 3 weeks!)
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 12/19/07 at 08:28 PM
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bye Bye Rent Remixed

Hope the cast can find another job soon!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Miss Elphaba Profile PhotoMiss Elphaba Profile Photo
Miss Elphaba
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Hope Siobhan Docherty (if she was better I'd learn to spell her name) has learnt her lesson.

Failing that I hope she goes and gets some SINGING and ACTING lessons before she takes on another show.
"I trained as a classical actor at Juilliard. I jump at the opportunity to do classical text...But I never in a million years guessed I'd get to play Juliet!"- Michael Arden
theatrejoe Profile Phototheatrejoe Profile Photo
theatrejoe
Understudy
Understudy
I really hope this tours as I'd like to see the changes they have made.
Jade Profile PhotoJade Profile Photo
Jade
Stand-by
Stand-by
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm sorry it's closing early. Even if I didn't necessarily like all of the changes, I understood why most of them were made. It had some pretty fantastic moments and I really enjoyed watching it. Yes it had flaws, but I think a lot of those flaws were inherent in the original work and not the fault of the "remixing."
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
It's not just you, I enjoyed it too. Not the best, but I thought a lot of it was fantastic and I really hope it comes on tour
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It'll tour. Ambassadors Group have a bit of cash in this and theyll milk it a little next year. Expect to see it in some of their theatres like Woking, Glasgow, Stoke etc etc. Then again, they may just let it go now after its early closure. Its just great its freed up a great size theatre for...... (oops! nearly spilled the beans then)
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
Now doing that is just mean!!!!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...as well as other theatres of course!!!!
Bruce Memblagh!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
It may well tour but I am unconvinced it would do well on such a tour. Still the production had some merits amid the poorness and if it tours with a uniformly strong cast then it might not be so painful to sit through
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree it will not sell on tour. It sold OK on its previous tours but certainly not enough to take a new production that was critically mauled in the West End out into the regions. Its being planned but i wouldnt be surprised if it never surfaces.
Updated On: 12/22/07 at 02:47 PM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It doesnt look like a UK tour is going to happen

The show was looking at venues a few weeks ago but word is that all the theaters they approached have now been told that its been postponed
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
quick pic of Jesse Wallace as Maureen in Rent Remixed

http://www.theambassadors.com/rent/
Updated On: 12/27/07 at 08:44 AM
Miss Elphaba Profile PhotoMiss Elphaba Profile Photo
Miss Elphaba
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I just threw up in my mouth a little....

what did they do, stick someone elses face on DVO's body?

*shudder*
"I trained as a classical actor at Juilliard. I jump at the opportunity to do classical text...But I never in a million years guessed I'd get to play Juliet!"- Michael Arden
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
please tell me that pic is a joke!
ha! kat got a facelift and managed to make herself look worse!
ive just also wet myself with laughter at it!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i honestly dont think she looks bad
Anddou
Understudy
Understudy
Will be closed without cast recording?? I was looking forward becouse of new musical direction. re: The lease is up on Rent Remixed as it closes in Febuary
Charmaine Profile PhotoCharmaine Profile Photo
Charmaine
Swing
Swing
hi is this true what about the people who all ready bought tickets because we bought tickets for the end of feb?
Do we get a refund??
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes its true, it says it on there website

You will get a refund so if you can just book to go before the end of january
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes its true, it says it on there website

You will get a refund so if you can just book to go before the end of january
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anyone seen Jessie doing the show?
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No but as soon as i have i will let you know
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Right I'm back, moved house so was without Internet for 27 days, but I have returned, I obviously have already seen Jessie, was there her first night, and believe it or not she was amazing, her acting ability is top notch, could not be faulted, her singing however... It was good, very good actually, but she seemed shy and intimadated, she just needs to get up there relax and open up a bit more and she will have a VERY powerful voice, but in all fairness, I did go to her first night and that was the first time she had EVER sang in public! So I think she has great potential. Although, On Xmas eve, CJ Johnson persusaded me to go and see it as she was peforming as Maureen, the theatre was empty, 138 people to be exact, but CJ was incredible, funnier than Jessie and Denise put together, amazing voice and somehow managed to be a great hit, and only swear once, and that was s**t, so, I understand why Jessie was cast, (Stunt casting for ticket sales), but if they were casting on ability they should deffinatley have let CJ take over.
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bless her cotton tights, im sure she had first night nerves!!!