Page: 1

Chicago London 10th Anniversary Review!!!

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chicago London 10th Anniversary Review!!!#1
Posted: 12/5/07 at 8:34pm
Act One
Introduction - Henry Goodman
All That Jazz - Ute Lemper
Funny Honey - Denise Van Outen & Aoife Mulholland
Cell Block Tango - Amra Faye-Wright
When You're Good To Mama - Sue Kelvin & Brenda Edwards (Amra Faye-Wright)
All I Care About - Duncan James
A Little Bit of Good - Charles Shirvell, Morgan Crowley & Carl Mullaney
We Both Reached For The Gun - Bonnie Langford & Tony Headley
Roxie - Ruthie Henshall
I Can't Do It Alone & Reprise - Annette McLaughlin & Frances Ruffelle
Tale of Go-To-Hell Kitty - Gaby Roslin
My Own Best Friend & Act 1 Finale - Linzi Hateley & Pia Douwes

Act Two
Powerpoint of past members who could not attend the show: Maria Friedman, Chita Rivera, Petra Neilson, Brooke Shields, Nicola Hughes, John Barrowman, David Hasselholf, Sancha (I duno how to spell his name), Les Dennis, Norman Pace, Alison Moyet, Lynda Carter...etc
Entr'acte - Gareth Valentine & OLC ensemble
I Know A Girl - Anita Louise Combe (Terence Maynard & Josefina Gabrielle)
Me & My Baby - Josefina Gabrielle
Mr. Cellophane - Nigel Planer & all the other Amos (Paul Rider, Paul Baker, Matthew Lloyd James, Paul Iveson and some more I don't really remember)
When Velma Takes The Stand & Reprise - Caroline O'Connor
Razzle Dazzle - Ian Kensley, Terence Maynard & Darius Danesh
Trial - France Ruffelle & Terence Maynard
Class - Kelly Osbourne & Anna Jane-Casey
Conclusion - Darius Danesh & Charles Shirvell
Nowadays - Claire Sweeney
Nowadays - Charles Shirvell, Ruthie Henshall & Ute Lemper
Hot Honey Rag & Finale - Frances Ruffelle & Amra Faye-Wright, Bonnie Langford & Annette McLaughlin, Josefina Gabrielle & Anna Jane Casey/Anita Louise Combe... I'm not 100% sure about the Roxies & Velmas cuz I was too high by that point! Ruthie Henshall & Ute Lemper returns to bow.

(all dialogues between scenes are done by Frances Ruffelle as Roxie, Amra Faye-Wright as Velma, Terence Maynard as Billy, Paul Rider as Amos, Fred by Tobias Walbom unless listed)

Curtain Call (Ensemble (announced name by name) -> OLC ensemble w/ Gareth -> Amos -> Mamas -> Billys -> Roxies & Velmas -> Musical Supervisor -> Annie Reinking -> Walter Bobbie -> Barry & Fran Weissler
Speech by Barry & Fran
Exit music

I hope this list makes everything clear :P

Anyway, the show was amazing even though I paid for 75 quid for seats that were apparently 35 quid a week after I bought them! During intermission when the lights went up, I found a dead mouse next to my bag when it wasn't there! Got some staff to take it away and nearly puked! So disgusting! Was so disturbed throughout Act 2!!! The Upper Circle was around 85% full, I heard the stalls are around 90% full. Anyway, the atmosphere was amazing but it certainly did not sound as amazing as the Broadway celebration one but still... quite an evening! Could spot quite a few ex-ensemble in the audience - Zak, Sarah, Ebony...etc

Back to the show, Denise was really off, and was completely outshoned by Aoife. Even though Frances didn't sing anything and just did all the conversations... she was bland as hell. Really bad. I've always thought Amra was average but tonight she's really good! The whole cast is really good! Henry Goodman's speech before the show... abit wtf for me. I guess it's cuz he needed to rush back to Fiddler. Highlights are definitely Ute Lemper doing ATJ, Ruthie doing Roxie, OMG Ruthie was SO good! She gained weight and didn't really move that much but her voice and acting was SO good! And when she moved, she still moved with grace! 'Roxie' was funny as hell! Caroline O'Connor, OH MY F**KIN GOD Caroline O'Connor! Her song COMPLETELY stole the show and her bit after the song with Roxie was just the most hilarious way I've seen it done! They STOLE the show! Also, Josefina's new choreography for Me & My Baby was good! Oh god the whole experience was amazing! Was abit annoyed they did not show Sally Ann Triplett in the powerpoint! And the down point was definitely Frances Ruffelle, I thought both her and Amra was goin to do 'My Own Best Friend' but Linzi and Pia came out to save the day! So glad! Claire Sweeney was also abit... eh. Kelly Osbourne urgh! she didn't sound as bad as when I saw her but still... I couldve thrown the dead mouse at her! Was hoping Brenda could sing it with Anna-Jane!

Anyway, the whole cast dashed off into various places to change and to party party party in SOUND club in Leicester Square which one of my friends is attending right now as we speak *cries*
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
thanks for that, wish i had seen it

Love Hateley , how was she
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
she's great and really miss her as Roxie! she's great! is she ever not good? when she's really bad she's still good!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That is very true, though i dont think i have ever seen her bad lol

I went out for drinks with her once and a few other people and she is the nicest lady in the world
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
you did?! omg so jealous!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah it was a few years back when she was doing chicago (i think) and i was doing another show.

Some of the casts from both shows were out in the same bar so i got talking to her then.

I just kept bugging her about Carrie lol
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lol aww Carrie, wud love to see a reunion concert sometime with the OBC!
Anyway, so sad to see there were not that many photo coverages from last night, there are some on gettyimages but looked crap! urgh!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
grrr i would love to see some pics
viola13
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Ann Reinking also came out and did the speech after Katherine Hunyak's "Hugarian Rope Trick," that an ensemble member normally does.
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
no she didnt. that was fiona bruce. ann made a speach at the end
ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
it was amazing! if the performances in Chicago were still of this standard across the board it would be the best show in London. I couldnt believe how fantastic the staging looked. And Ruthie did all of the original chorography so ruthiefan she didnt move any less than normal
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
im so jealous

Oh and ullabelt i love ur pic
ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
thanks! yours is great is that the US poster on the UK one?
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i actually think its a fan poster!!! how good is that

It beats the awful bland logo they had (cant beat a girl covered in blood to sell a musical lol)
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ruthie certainly had some weight on compared to her original Roxie or Broadway Velma days but it was fine. If you look at her press reels, she was certainly more bouncy then. But she was still amazing that night though! Seeing her do ROXIE live was just a dream come true for me!
btw, I'm just abit annoyed that Sally Ann wasn't invited to perform (instead of Claire Sweeney or Frances Ruffelle!!!) and wasn't even in the powerpoint showing absent cast members!!!!! outrageous!

yeah.. it was really random having Fiona Bruce... I didn't know who she was then so was really confused!