We Will Rock You UK Tour

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We Will Rock You UK Tour#1
Posted: 11/22/07 at 6:35pm
Yes its happening

We Will Rock You is touring next year (end of next year) and will close at the Dominion.

Its kicking off its tour in the North (i cant say which theatre grr)

I will keep you informed when i know more
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#2
Posted: 11/22/07 at 7:11pm
As I've mentioned on DC forum, I'm sorta surprised as it is selling well and has already defied closing once before. Despite having what was the most horrendous reviews, it has brilliant business at the Dominion beating the runs of both Grease and BATB.

Wonder what's next for the Dominion?
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#2
Posted: 11/22/07 at 7:15pm
"Wonder what's next for the Dominion?"

I know that *I* would be putting in there, and the theatre's owner may just be crazy enough to do it...
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#3
Posted: 11/23/07 at 10:49am
In the North. Well if its not Manchester maybe it will be up in Sunderland re: We Will Rock You UK Tour. About time we got the start of a big tour!
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#4
Posted: 11/23/07 at 10:53am
SADM2 plus GRRRR plus 'cant disclose anything' equals Manchester!!!!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#5
Posted: 11/23/07 at 11:13am
I guess that judging from Wicked's post that SADM2 has said something that shouldn't had been said yet. Oh well, at least that confirms it's true.
lamigon1992
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#6
Posted: 11/23/07 at 11:22am
well on the dress circle message board some one who works in the theatre in questionm said they normally get the start of the big tours, so my guess is Manchester!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#7
Posted: 11/23/07 at 1:15pm
My lips are sealed
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#8
Posted: 11/23/07 at 1:35pm
bbbbbbbbbbut......we read them like a book m8! lol
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#9
Posted: 11/23/07 at 2:45pm
Could the Dominion be receiving a fishy friend?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#10
Posted: 11/23/07 at 4:30pm
or a blonde bimbo?
Ive seen both and im sure we'll get the latter before the reject from the Bette Midler concert gets here!!!! If either go to the Dominion thats fine with me as im not too bothered about stepping inside the Dominion anytime soon!
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#11
Posted: 11/24/07 at 11:30am
re: We Will Rock You UK Tourre: We Will Rock You UK Tour... please come to Southampton.... re: We Will Rock You UK Tourre: We Will Rock You UK Tour.. hope all the big musicals don't reject it now after Mary Poppins re: We Will Rock You UK Tourre: We Will Rock You UK Tour
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#12
Posted: 11/24/07 at 11:49am
I dont think Southampton is out of the scene by a long shot. Most shows at the Mayflower do as well as they do in most other cities. Its a fantastic house for medium /large scale shows. Just because 'Poppins' isnt there on the first leg of the tour means nothing, just remember that the show will tour for a good 2 or 3 years.
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#13
Posted: 11/24/07 at 11:54am
Phew!
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#14
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:46pm
Remember with the Mayflower its a charity, so has to be careful about what shows it takes to make money. Not taking Poppins was probably a wise move, which by sounds of things will be proven.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#15
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:53pm
well then they would have been idiots for turning down poppins as i know at the Palace in Manchester tickets are selling soooooo well for the show...and its not starting till the end of next year
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#16
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:57pm
Well thats not the case everywhere from what ive been told, high ticket prices to. But then Manchester will always sell better than other venues due to its size. Will be interesting to see what this new production is like
Updated On: 11/24/07 at 02:57 PM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#17
Posted: 11/24/07 at 4:32pm
According to the stage plans its no different except for a few minor changes to the set
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#18
Posted: 11/24/07 at 4:48pm
We've been here before havent we. Its slight redesign is just that it will tour within its own rig as have many other shows. It will be interesting however, how they do the final flight at each different theatre. I know of 100s of theatres around the country that simple couldnt fly her past the pit leave alone knock the usherettes tray out of her hands at the back of the gods!!!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#19
Posted: 11/24/07 at 7:05pm
I know that at the Palace she will be flying up towards the grand Tier towards the dome.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#20
Posted: 11/24/07 at 7:12pm
Isnt the dome too far forward? Shouldnt she being going up into the tier itself?
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#21
Posted: 11/25/07 at 1:03pm
Judging from the posts, I think we can assume that the Mary Poppins will be similar to the Chitty tour in that they will be only be minor changes to make it suitable for touring purposes. I saw Chitty in Southampton and was impressed of how spectacular it was for a touring show having never seen it in London. I think for some venues, they may just use the backup flying across the stage they use in the current production when they make her fly into the auditorium.

I think WWRY will tour without any major changes, the London set could be modified to suit touring purposes though I'm not certain.

For the Dominion next show after WWRY, I think Legally Blonde is more likely to enter The Dominion than The Little Mermaid though it could change.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#22
Posted: 12/5/07 at 8:39am
Hmmm so here is what i heard today

We Will Rock Is definitely touring next year and kicking off in the north of England.....However

The West End production may not be closing after all, the talk is that the london show will continue and this will be a touring version using one of the other sets for productions abroad
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#23
Posted: 12/5/07 at 9:03am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just when I get my hopes up that we will be getting this crap out of London and clearing up a great, huge theatre for a GOOD show, it turns out its staying open, well thats ruined my day!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You UK Tour#24
Posted: 12/5/07 at 9:04am
awww sorry

And remember this is not confirmed its just what i heard, so it still may be leaving