Page: 1

What to see...?

apdarcey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What to see...?#1
Posted: 11/1/07 at 5:48pm
I'm heading over November 21-27. I'll probably only have time to see two shows, though. I'd really like to see a straight play, but nothing is catching my eye on that front. So I'm thinking of Parade and Evita. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding either those shows or anything else that's a "can't miss"?
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What to see...?#2
Posted: 11/1/07 at 5:55pm
'Evita' closed in May and 'Parade' closes the weekend you are over!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
apdarcey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What to see...?#2
Posted: 11/2/07 at 11:04pm
i'll be there in time to see parade, i checked, somehow i missed that evita closed though.

have we heard anything about king lear and/or glengarry glen ross?
Updated On: 11/3/07 at 11:04 PM
Theatrekid2
Swing
Swing
re: What to see...?#3
Posted: 11/5/07 at 9:48am
Go and See 'all about my mother' @ Old Vic. It is just fab. really moving, very filmic, and generally a refreshing change to everyhthing else on the West End at the moment. Think you can still get the 25 web offer if you call box office directly, 0870 060 6628.

Def worth catching before it closes.
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: What to see...?#4
Posted: 11/5/07 at 4:47pm
I would advise you to see Mary Poppins before it should close... if you haven't seen it yet !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Updated On: 11/5/07 at 04:47 PM
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: What to see...?#5
Posted: 11/5/07 at 4:49pm
... and just before you ask it no use planning for "The Drowsy Chaperone": it's dead ! lol re: What to see...?

Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Updated On: 11/5/07 at 04:49 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What to see...?#6
Posted: 11/5/07 at 4:50pm
I highly recomend 'All About My Mother' but it closes the same day as 'Parade in 3 weeks.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: What to see...?#7
Posted: 11/5/07 at 6:33pm
how is Diana Rigg taking over Marisa Paredes's part?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What to see...?#8
Posted: 11/5/07 at 6:39pm
Dame Diana is perfect for the part. She has said many times in the last few months that its the best time she's had on a stage for a long time. She looks stunning as does the whole show.