Page: 1

LOTRs extends its run.

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOTRs extends its run.#1
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:08am
Im realy not sure about this show still being on stage at Drury Lane come next Spring. Its not selling now and will have to get thru the lean Winter months without curious tourists to fill it. Shows have used the extra booking gimmick many times before and have come before end of the initial booking period. We shall see, whatever happens we know Drury Lane wont be dark too long.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOTRs extends its run.#2
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:18am
So many shows say they are extending it's run to get more audience in they have been doing this for years.
It's common knowledge that LOTR is not selling well so i cant really take the extending seriously.
Daddy Cool also announced it was extending its booking period and it closed early.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: LOTRs extends its run.#2
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:22am
Thank Gog Songanddanceman2 "Daddy Cool" did not extend the booking period...
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: LOTRs extends its run.#3
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:57am
well i dont know where you get your information from. but we're selling very very well at the moment cheers.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOTRs extends its run.#4
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:20am
Daddy Cool did extend its booking period

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/londontheatre/news/nov06/daddycool2nov06.htm

Thank god it closed though lol

ive seen LOTR twice now (2 sets a friends wanted me to go 2 different nights grr) both nights it was nowhere near full.So many other people who have seen the show said the same thing to.Maybe it was just the nights we all went on
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: LOTRs extends its run.#5
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:38am
Sorry songanddanceman2 I meant extended "successfully" (in the facts). They failed ! Hooray Hooray It's our holi-holiday!
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 11:38 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOTRs extends its run.#6
Posted: 8/15/07 at 12:46pm
Widget why do you continualy keep posting that the show is doing well.Its common knowledge in the business its struggling and isnt makeing money and thats why ive posted this comment. Ive seen it 1 and 1/2 times and it wasnt even half full. Many people i know have been and have been shocked to see Drury Lane so empty. I can only think you have money in it. Agents we're in contact have clients who are affraid to go up for it for the fear of it closeing.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
mattie29 Profile Photomattie29 Profile Photo
mattie29
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: LOTRs extends its run.#7
Posted: 8/15/07 at 3:23pm
thats brill glad it extended. on tuseday 14th august me and my m8 walked from the theatre royal dury lane to waterloo with laura who plays galadriea and she says its doing amazingly thats why they have advanced ticket sales. laura was so nice to us and she made me and my m8 feel really safe around london and we hope we made her feel safe to.
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: LOTRs extends its run.#8
Posted: 8/15/07 at 3:53pm
I don't know how sales are doing but from seeing the show it deserves to do well. It looks expensive, The cast is huge, the set is immense and the show (in my opinion) is amazing.
I went to a midweek matinée and The stalls were pretty full but I think the top level was closed (I couldn't see well).

I hope the show continues for a while yet, and only closes when something better needs the theatre (no offense but I'd hate Fame or Footloose to be a filler at the Theatre Royal)
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOTRs extends its run.#9
Posted: 8/15/07 at 4:13pm
TQF! when SADM2 reads what you just said about Fame and Footloose you are dead meat! Haha but i agree so thats the 2 of us aginst him! Put em up!
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 04:13 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOTRs extends its run.#10
Posted: 8/15/07 at 4:18pm
Its being whispered that a new show called '3Sum' was going to take the Drury Lane stage when Lordy closes.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOTRs extends its run.#12
Posted: 8/15/07 at 4:25pm
lol I completly agree. Fame and Footloose do great jobs keeping theatres open.

By the way, maybe we should bring those theatre pics over to here cos pretty soon someones gonna jump on us for useing that post.
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: LOTRs extends its run.#14
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:23pm
wickedboy we havent played to less than 1450 for the last 8 weeks. we're doing just fine trust me. i am a complete pesimist and am suprised but happy we're a success. im so sorry to disapoint you! :)
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: LOTRs extends its run.#15
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:24pm
Im far from dissapointed dont worry. x