Page: 1

Just seen Little Shop of Horrors

sam31
Stand-by
Stand-by
Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#1
Posted: 8/3/07 at 11:22am
I have just been to see this Thursday night in London the Little Shop of Horrors. I really enjyed it and thought the cast and the whole show whre great. Wow this show was great. I was lucky to get full cast. It is the first time I had seen this current production. I had seem it staged before in the early 1990's when my sister's college staged it and for 2 year off and on I work as an extra and stage hand for the lost Theatre in Fulham London and was a stage hand for there 1998 summer show which was the little shop of Horrors. I have also seen the 1986 film. I think the stage show is better than the film. I will be going to see this show again before long.
AvenueQResident Profile PhotoAvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#2
Posted: 8/3/07 at 12:54pm
How was Alistair McGowan? I used to love his show. Does the new plant look cool as well?

Everything in life...is only for now.
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#2
Posted: 8/5/07 at 10:34am
The new plant is awesome.
Alistair MacGowen is great, as is the rest pf the cast.
I loved Sheridan Smith too re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors
Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#3
Posted: 8/6/07 at 6:26am
It's a brilliant show. Alistair McGowan was OK I thought, not great (but not bad either) - I loved Sheridan Smith & Paul Keating, great performances.
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
little donkey Profile Photolittle donkey Profile Photo
little donkey
Swing
Swing
re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#4
Posted: 8/8/07 at 4:41pm
saw it a couple of weeks ago... alistair magowan was good - particularly at the minor characters as opposed to Orin, but Paul Keating and Sheridan Smyth totally blew me away - Her rendition of somewhere thats green had half the theatre crying!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#5
Posted: 8/8/07 at 5:03pm
Sheridan is amazing
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#6
Posted: 8/12/07 at 1:16pm
This is terrific production compared to the utter rubish that was on Broadway back in 2003. This is true to the original. The original London production at the Comedy Theatre was spectacular and such fun especialy with the 'dont tell your friends' surprise ending. I hope this gets a good long run.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#7
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:19pm
Saw this on wednesday...thought Sheridan was AMAZING!!! i didn't think paul was that good tbh his voice kept cracking and i couldn't work i why i was talking so high at the end....

The only major flaw i had with this.. was i think the producers should have spent a bit more money to polish it for the west end.. the set i thought was gonna fall down at one point.. it was very wobbly and any time any one walk into it it moved..

But beside the set i enjoyed this show very much!
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Just seen Little Shop of Horrors#8
Posted: 8/12/07 at 4:32pm
I was wondering if they had West Ended it for the Dukes? Obviously not! I was imagining that the set would need to be higher for a pros arch! Still fab tho!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'