Page: 1

FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END

widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#1
Posted: 7/23/07 at 4:43pm
starts at the Playhouse in about three weeks. Its believed that the Ren from the tour is carrying on.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#2
Posted: 7/23/07 at 7:02pm
Glad its heading back , its a shame its run had to get cut short last time.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#2
Posted: 7/24/07 at 8:33am
Its 'Fame 2'
It will return to fill empty theatres just as 'Fame' has done for the last 10 years. The current 'Fame' wont last much longer after this Shaftesbury season especialy after the slatting it got on opening. Great to see the Playhouse open again- gorgeous theatre.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#3
Posted: 7/24/07 at 8:53am
its a hell of a lot better than Fame wickedboy2 (and thats coming from someone who spent a few years in fame).
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#4
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:07am
I didnt say anything about Fame did i? I loved the original production at the Cambridge. It just seems to have had its day and i agree Footloose is a much better constructed piece. If the two of them keep theatres open for the forseeable future thats great.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#5
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:12am
i havent seen the UK production of Footloose but did see the Broadway one. i found it very slow and plodding. i hear this one has alot more life in it and it got great reviews compared to Broadway. I will go to the Playhouse asap.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#6
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:19am
The Broadway production was awful (i can still see florescent greens and pinks when i close my eyes argggggggh)

The UK production is a very sharp and well put together shows which ironed out all the problems of the broadway production.

And if the Broadway version can run for over 700 performances then so can the UK one.
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#7
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:46am
great news - it was a shame its run got cut short so soon how long is it booking for so far?
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#8
Posted: 7/24/07 at 11:22am
Im sure that something else is going in to that venue in december i just cant remember what.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#9
Posted: 7/24/07 at 12:14pm
'TinTin' goes in for Christmas. Yea, my god, green and yellow everywhere didnt help my jetlag. Wasnt it some kind of tubeing all over the place?
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 12:14 PM
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#10
Posted: 7/27/07 at 9:49am
*read my previous comment*
Updated On: 7/27/07 at 09:49 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#11
Posted: 7/27/07 at 9:53am
I thought most people were under the impression it was going in now until Christmas.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#12
Posted: 7/27/07 at 10:27am
Its opening date is Aug 17th at The Playhouse until 'TinTin' takes charge for a long Christmas season. Have they announce that it wil return for second seson at The Playhouse after 'TinTin'?
This is certain to follow in the footsteps of 'Fame' as a filler for unexpectedly dark theatres. Its nothing but a good thing.
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#13
Posted: 7/27/07 at 10:28am
Sorry guys thats what you get for trying to fit a kitchen at the same time!! lol

I've deleted my previous comment because it was (yet another) typo on Londontheatre.co.uk

The links below say its coming back from Feb 08 to August O8

Sorry for false infor lol i'll stick with the kitchen for the netx few hours!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#14
Posted: 7/27/07 at 10:37am
Get back in the cupboard!!! lol
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#15
Posted: 7/27/07 at 3:43pm
Hey i try ok!! lmao!
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#16
Posted: 7/27/07 at 4:23pm
I'm out again wickedboy2 lol!!!!! i was right all along ..bloody hell i hate it when that happens!! footloose is returing to the playhouse after tin tin on the 28th February and booking until the 30th August!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#17
Posted: 7/27/07 at 4:29pm
And it opens in August until Dec 1st makeing it 2 seasons at The Playhouse! Hey! have you got locks on those cupboards? lol
Updated On: 7/27/07 at 04:29 PM
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#18
Posted: 7/28/07 at 7:25am
well we knew tht already lol - yes i do have those dead locks making it very difficult to get back out!

"It will be at the Playhouse Theatre 17 Aug to 1 Dec 2007, then closes to make way for Tintin, before returning 28 Feb to 30 Aug 2008."

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#19
Posted: 7/28/07 at 7:27am
Im gonna change those locks for child proof ones! Hows Doolittle going by the way? Have you started yet?
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#20
Posted: 7/28/07 at 9:05am
27th August

x
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: FOOTLOOSE BACK IN WEST END#21
Posted: 7/28/07 at 8:12pm
grr Wicked its very annoying when your calling the show a filler, footloose is a Tony Nominated musical what got some great reviews.Yes its a fun teen show but its returning due to the fact that there is a huge fan base for this show.

This is a well put together Teen musical with some fantastic Choreography.