Page: 1

Angels In America - Hammersmith

Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Angels In America - Hammersmith#1
Posted: 7/15/07 at 1:27pm
Has anyone else gone to see this one at the Lyric Hammersmith yet? I went yesterday for both parts; despite the overwhelming numbness in my ass, I massively enjoyed it. It was actually worth spending ten hours in Hammersmith. ;D It had excellent reviews an' all, far as I can tell. So if you haven't seen it yet, you really SHOULD. Only just a week left now. Angels In America - Hammersmith
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Angels In America - Hammersmith#2
Posted: 7/16/07 at 3:34am
The Daily Mail didn't like it

So they must have done something right re: Angels In America - Hammersmith

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Angels In America - Hammersmith#2
Posted: 7/16/07 at 10:39am
i went to watch it at the Lowry and thought it was a good production
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Angels In America - Hammersmith#3
Posted: 7/16/07 at 11:08am
I saw Stephen Spinella (was in the original Broadway production of AinA, won 2 Tonys for his performance) in Spring Awakening. I've heard this production is very good, shame I'll be missing it.
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Angels In America - Hammersmith#4
Posted: 7/16/07 at 1:14pm
It had men kissing men, women kissing women, some creative interpretation of religion, and AIDS. All it really needed to make it 100% Daily Mail proof was some asylum seekers watching anime. ;D
joshy Profile Photojoshy Profile Photo
joshy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Angels In America - Hammersmith#5
Posted: 7/16/07 at 2:09pm
I'm going to see the last double bill on Sunday - pretty excited after hearing all the good words! The only negatives seem to be from people who are comparing it to the National's original production in the early 90s...