Page: 1

TARZAN TAKES A SWING

Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
TARZAN TAKES A SWING#1
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:49am
Well theyve just given it 3 weeks notice! Very surprising as its been up around 75% 80% almost its entire run. Im thinking this is one Disney we wont see over here. I was in NY 3 weeks ago and it was a toss up between Tarzan and Grey Gardens- im pleased i chosen the later.
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: TARZAN TAKES A SWING#2
Posted: 6/23/07 at 11:18am
Its a shame. I have listened to the CD and quite liked it, Not sure how it works on stage of course from the CD.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TARZAN TAKES A SWING#2
Posted: 6/23/07 at 12:17pm
I think it's a shame Tarzan has had to close early. I saw it in 2006 and really enjoyed it. It's not great - but it is a good show. I personally enjoyed it far more than the Lion King and Mary Poppins, both of which bored me silly after about half an hour.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TARZAN TAKES A SWING#3
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:14pm
I never saw it. I suspect I'd've enjoyed it, because I'm easily pleased like that.

But why is this on the West End board?
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: TARZAN TAKES A SWING#4
Posted: 6/23/07 at 3:18pm
Just a bit of news! and its on the main home page here! Poppins seems to be mentioned on here every day both about the NY and the London productions. Tarzan is an English story so maybe if it had opened here it may have fared better and we would be talking about it. Sorry if i wasted a message here.

Updated On: 6/23/07 at 03:18 PM
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TARZAN TAKES A SWING#5
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:23pm
"Tarzan is an English story so maybe if it had opened here it may have fared better and we would be talking about it."

Just for the record: Edgar Rice Burroughs, who wrote the Tarzan novels, was an American. So, I'm afraid it's not an "English story". But I still see no problem about posting on this board, posing the question of whether the show will ever get here - which, I fear, it will not. Maybe the Brits should get over to Holland to see it!
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 06:23 PM
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: TARZAN TAKES A SWING#6
Posted: 6/23/07 at 7:21pm
Thanks Bob , you knew what i meant. Its about an English Lord, go figure. Im gonna run off and catch up on my authors. The DVD i've seen shows what a gorgeous show it was but friends who saw said it was a little empty and had no heart as such in the theatre. Disney seem to be openly accepting that it was a flop, such a shame. It proberbly wont play London. The rumours of Aida here went round for ages. And as you say -Holland is only an hour away!
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 07:21 PM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: TARZAN TAKES A SWING#7
Posted: 6/23/07 at 8:58pm
cant say im surprised it was a very weak show, im surprised it lasted this long
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna