Page: 1

Lee Wins!!!!!

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lee Wins!!!!!#1
Posted: 6/9/07 at 5:36pm
Anyone going to go and see him then? My mum kinda slipped "Hmm we will have to see it now", to which i have semi-convinced her we actually should have a proper theatre break Lee Wins!!!!!.

Whats everyones opinions? I personally wanted Keith to win, but i always knew that Lee would win in the end.
andymacca Profile Photoandymacca Profile Photo
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#2
Posted: 6/9/07 at 5:41pm
I think its a fair result. Especially since Daniel left, I dont think there were any serious challengers to him. In all reality, probably the only one that would be worth going out of your way to see. A class above the rest I think.
Red-Angel
Swing
Swing
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#2
Posted: 6/9/07 at 5:50pm
I think it was SPOT ON!!!! LEE was the Best!! I will definitely be going to see him.

CONGRATULATIONS LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated On: 6/9/07 at 05:50 PM
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#3
Posted: 6/9/07 at 6:17pm
I didn't really watch the show - not even my John Barrowman fixation and theatre obsession can convince me to watch any form of reality TV - but as the numbers whittled down and I continued to catch little glimpses of who was still about, Lee definitely stood out to me as the one I'd least hate to win. :3

My sister's threatening to take my niece to see it, so if they go at a time that's compatible with my schedule, I'll most likely go too. It doesn't really take much to convince me to see a show; just dangle a discount in my face, or say "we're going to the theatre, want to come?", and I'm there. XD
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#4
Posted: 6/9/07 at 7:56pm

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.
I wasn't home tonight and I hadn't seen the show yet. Could you be a little less thick, and when you're giving away, what you may not know are called, SPOILERS, you put the subject in the title, with a Spoiler warning! So that people who are just about to sit down and watch the video they've just recorded of the show, DON'T KNOW WHO WON!

In the words of Scar, I am surrounded by idiots...
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#5
Posted: 6/9/07 at 8:03pm
Erm, you know this is a THEATRE website where people discuss THEATRE-RELATED NEWS? If this kind of thing is going to bother you *that* much, don't go to the site until you've watched the video! I'm sure that if the main site were up-to-date enough to have a news article on the front page on this subject, the headline wouldn't be "Joseph winner announced (SPOILERS!)". Hell, even the front page of BBC News has a picture of Lee with " Joseph's coat for dream West End role handed to ex-Pharaoh" as the headline (which isn't naming any names but still makes it perfectly clear to people who watch the show who they're talking about).
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 08:03 PM
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#6
Posted: 6/9/07 at 9:23pm
I came back over to see if there were any replies on the Billy Elliot thread since earlier on. I deliberately avoided looking at the headlines when i signed it just in case. I was taking precautions in that regard.

Sorry for being an ass, I was just hot-headed earlier.
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#7
Posted: 6/10/07 at 4:39am
Once it has happened it isnt really a spoiler is it? You probably knew it would be likely that people would be discussing the outcome.

Sorry but thats just the way it is.
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#8
Posted: 6/10/07 at 6:18am
"Once it has happened it isnt really a spoiler is it? You probably knew it would be likely that people would be discussing the outcome. "

Yes, but would it have been inconvenient to offer a different subject line, i.e. "Joseph Results -- Spoilers inside" or something along those lines? Not everyone was glued to their tv sets waiting for the outcome. Clearly some had recorded it and likely were, or will watch it today.

Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#9
Posted: 6/10/07 at 7:30am
Sorry, but thats just the way it is. Too late now isn't it and to be honest I don't think it really matters.
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#10
Posted: 6/10/07 at 8:38am
I realize the issue is obe'd. My message was more of a suggestion for future postings regarding such programs.

Can you honestly say it wouldn't bother you to read spoilers in a subject line?

A couple of summers ago I went to the IMDB message board to read some messages. This was just after the 6th Harry Potter book came out. Now, this is a site to talk about movies, right? Nothing to do with Harry Potter unless you went to the message board for those films and/or actors. Well, some idiotic troll had gone to several message boards and posted who had died and who the Half-Blood Prince was -- in the subject line -- thus spoiling the story for anyone who had not read the book yet.
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#11
Posted: 6/10/07 at 8:52am
I know it is sometimes annoying to read spoilers, but a spoiler for me would be when you find out who wins something BEFORE the programme has aired. For example finding out the winner of the apprentice before the final.

If people don't watch Live Tv programmes when they are on then there are obviously going to be people who will be discussing it. Going onto sites like the bbc website or the see tickets website or the digitalspy website they all had titles that lee had won Joseph.
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#12
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:30am
"If people don't watch Live Tv programmes when they are on then there are obviously going to be people who will be discussing it. Going onto sites like the bbc website or the see tickets website or the digitalspy website they all had titles that lee had won Joseph."

*sigh* People who don't get to watch such shows live will naturally avoid those sites where news items are sure to include the outcome of the show they taped. However,I have found that most people on message boards such as this do understand and realize that not everyone may have seen the outcome when it actually aired. Many times, out of common courtesy, people will post a spoiler warning headline in any messages relating to the outcome of such a show.

Obviously, we're not going to agree on this issue.
Updated On: 6/10/07 at 11:30 AM
Red-Angel
Swing
Swing
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#13
Posted: 6/10/07 at 11:56am
I hope that seeing the headline in the subject box, didn't alter the fact it was a great show last night, and still worth watching!!!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Lee Wins!!!!!#14
Posted: 6/10/07 at 7:43pm
I purposefully avoided the forums until I had watched the show (I was out of the country on Saturday) as I thought this might happen. It is easy enough to make the title "Joseph winner" or something then people who don't want to know the result yet can avoid that thread.

Well Done Lee :)
GlennMeads Profile PhotoGlennMeads Profile Photo
GlennMeads
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Final Re-Cap#15
Posted: 6/10/07 at 8:24pm
For the final re-cap, please click on the link below. Thanks for reading the recaps here. It's been fun!

Thanks, Glenn
UK/West End

Any Dream- Final Re-Cap
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 08:24 PM