Page: 1

A Quiet year?

rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
A Quiet year?#1
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:27am
So last yeah was filled with transfers and revivels and a couple of newbys on the musical front, but other then Drousy, LOTR, and the little shop transfer and Into the woods (have my tickets for the press night very excited) does anyone know of any deffinates for the year ahead? and maybe when abouts they think they open??
Just seems like aaaaaaaaggggges since we had a nice comprehensive list of upcoming shows like last year, given its going to be a quieter year, but im needing some news people...
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#2
Posted: 2/1/07 at 11:05am
I must say, Drowsy and LOTR and BIG shows, especially LOTR.
Possibly "Rent" may be opening but nothing has been announced.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#2
Posted: 2/1/07 at 11:57am
not alot of 'new' original shows but defo quite alot of transfers/revivals comin into the WE this yr! Maybe it's a revival year!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#3
Posted: 2/1/07 at 12:59pm
One more show to add:

JOSEPH...
From the new BBC reality show.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#4
Posted: 2/1/07 at 5:23pm
Wait, we're getting a full production of 'Into The Woods'? Did the one-night concert completely die?
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#5
Posted: 2/2/07 at 3:59am
I think that the concert is probably dead now... However, the Royal Opera House is mounting a production in the Linbury Studio Theatre June 18th-30th. Booking opens 6th March.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#6
Posted: 2/2/07 at 9:14am
is it only goin to run for 2 wks???? why?! I dont think I will be London then *cries*
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: A Quiet year?#7
Posted: 2/2/07 at 11:04am
The Linbury is a really popular performance venue for modern, contemporary arts. We have all kinds of shows staged there, from Modern Operas, Contemporary dance, Physical Theatre, concerts, and the Royal Opera House Orchestra also use it as a rehearsal space. With the acception of Christmas most shows only run there for 3 or 4 performances sometimes a few more, sometimes even less. So to have a three week space (one week for the get in etc) that is free from other functions and shows in the middle of such a packed season is nearly impossable!
Having Spoken to the director I know how irritating he finds this, but he is keen to make it a very memorable run!
Ticket wise - prices are really good! dont take this as gosple as it may change but from what iv been told top price will be around the 20 mark but students should be able to get them for about 9. This is just a price i have heard, and from lookin at my tickets seems to be justifed.
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: A Quiet year?#8
Posted: 2/2/07 at 6:43pm
dont forget take that the musical opening this year. and grease. ugh and ugh. also this jackson 5 thing is casting in the middle of the year. footloose to come back at some point. but generally a dull year. wish mamma mia would go away and hide.
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#9
Posted: 2/3/07 at 4:02am
I thought Grease was for Broadway?

And I haven't heard anything of a take that musical, and the Jackson 5 musical might not even happen.
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: A Quiet year?#9
Posted: 2/3/07 at 12:40pm
Its not really a quiet year, last year was exceptional, thank god every year isnt like it - very expensive! Great year for plays though!

So far we have

Little Shop of Horrors
Drowsy Chaperone
Lord Of The rings
On The Town
Kismet
A Model Girl

Rumoured
Grease
Joseph
Fame (Shaftsbury)
Take That the musical (Shaftesbury at end of the year)
Rent
Desperately Seeking Susan (using Blondie songs)
Jackson 5 Musical (have my doubts as to if this will happen)
Hairspray
Jersey Boys
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#10
Posted: 2/3/07 at 5:39pm
dont forget ITW and Follies concert! and hopefully also plenty of exciting cast changes for current show! For one, I cant wait to see Linzi take on the role on Donna in MM!
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: A Quiet year?#11
Posted: 2/4/07 at 12:34pm
I agree with Mark E i havnt heard anything about the take that musical cant really see it being any good it would sell, just look at the fan base, but think it would be a little sparce on the whole plot side.
You know i totaly forgot about Kismit and on the town, whats the dates for those NS?
Also...is there ANY news on RENT it seems to be all rumers and people saying they know people in it, but there has not been a single press artical that i can find! someone must know something more??
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: A Quiet year?#12
Posted: 2/6/07 at 2:46pm
I agree Take That the Musical would sell. Sadly. Though it would be dreadful. Especially if it goes to the Shaftesbury. Poor old Shaftesbury. Bless! She's always full to bursting with total crap.!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Quiet year?#13
Posted: 2/6/07 at 2:52pm
Fame the musical will not return to London to the shaftsbury but another youth show looks set to go in there in august( nothing def)

Des seeking susan also issnt going to open in london(at this point is doesnt look set to open at all)

Hairspray has ended up on the touring list again(its yet again looking at touring theatres)

White christmas is set to open at the end of the year(but they havent decided on a tour or london yet)

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: A Quiet year?#14
Posted: 2/7/07 at 6:37am
White Christmas was great, definately deserves a West End run.
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: A Quiet year?#15
Posted: 2/8/07 at 7:59am
I hear White Christmas is an expensive show to stage - would it work for the producers to put it into London? They could run Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan, but would they make the cash back?
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: A Quiet year?#16
Posted: 2/8/07 at 8:04am
Is this the same production as was on...somewhere else in the uk a few months ago?? i cant for the life of me remember where, it was though??? or is it a totaly new Prod?
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: A Quiet year?#17
Posted: 2/8/07 at 8:43am
It was in Southampton, lavish show and well worth a West End run.