Broadway Legend
London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#1
Posted: 1/23/07 at 3:40pm
So I'll be vacationing in London Feb 15-20 and my list seems like this:

Friday Night: Blood Brothers

Saturday Mat: Equus or The Glass Menagerie

Saturday Night: Cabaret

Monday Night: Evita

Sounds good? Sunday is my site-seeing day? Any site reccomendations or shows I should go to? I go annually so I've seen a lot of the traditional things.
...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#2
Posted: 1/23/07 at 5:33pm
I personally did not like both Cabaret & Evita... I think Mary Poppins w/ Gavin Creel and Avenue Q are defo better choices imo
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
PaigeByPaige
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#2
Posted: 1/23/07 at 5:47pm
I liked EVITA but I would not go on a Monday because the standby is on. You have to see Elena Roger as Eva because she's simply wonderful! And, as Felix said before, AVENUE Q is a must because the cast is amazing and so talented and go and see WICKED with Kerry Ellis (she's the best Elphaba).
If you like Rogers and Hammerstein I would also recommend THE SOUND OF MUSIC.
All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists. - Stephen Sondheim
LondonTheatreUK Profile PhotoLondonTheatreUK Profile Photo
LondonTheatreUK
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#3
Posted: 1/23/07 at 6:35pm
Go take a look at The Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. I love Covent Garden generally and the Opera House is beautiful.
All_For_Laura Profile PhotoAll_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#4
Posted: 1/23/07 at 6:42pm
The problem with Wicked and Avenue Q and Marry Poppins is that I have already seen 2 out of the 3 and we have all of them on broadway. I am so close to NY and those all things I have seen. I hope I didn't buy my tickets for Monday's Evita yet. I noticed they were discounted on getintolondontheatre.com which is why I was considering Monday.

Thanks for the advice so far!
...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#5
Posted: 1/24/07 at 8:31am
I know all 3 shows r on Broadway but i hav to say all 3 shows are better in London, can't say about Wicked, but the UK cast for AQ & MP are just... UNBELIEVABLE!
I'd say Spamalot but it's obviously there already as well, I guess Billy Elliot is another must watch (can't believe I didnt mention this 1st time!) I'd watch that over Cabaret/Blood Brothers anyday!
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#6
Posted: 1/24/07 at 3:04pm
I really can't stand the Billy Elliot music and although I'm sure I would enjoy it, Blood Brothers is a personal favorite and I only get to see it in London. I really can't sit through Wicked, Ave Q, or Mary Poppins again no matter how good the cast is. If someone like Linzi, Maria, or Sally was in one of these shows then I would go, but I rather see shows I can only get in London. I also love Cabaret and I really do want to see it. The one thing I hate is that I am missing the Follies concert by a mere few weeks. If only I could see Maria sparkle as Sally!
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#7
Posted: 1/24/07 at 4:24pm
I think Linzi's in Mamma Mia
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#8
Posted: 1/24/07 at 4:25pm
soz... she's starting on 5th March so I guess u'll miss her ~
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Feb 15-20 Trip, Show List#9
Posted: 1/24/07 at 8:02pm
I know! It sucks. I so wanted to see her. Shes going in right after I leave! Ugh!