Page: 1

michael jibson/ new musicals on the west end...

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile PhotoInfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm a student from New York studying in London for the semester, and I have two major questions for you London experts...

1. Does anyone know what the incredible Michael Jibson of Our House is doing these days?

and 2. Are there any new musicals other than Lord of the Rings opening this Spring in the West End?

Also, any advice or links for a visiting theatre student would be incredibly appreciated! Are there good theatre shops other than Dress Circle? Is student standby or getintolondontheatre.com the best way to get cheap tickets? Are there any good used CD stores with cast recordings? etc.
[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think that Drowsy Chaperone is opening spring next year.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As per my mesage below, Little Shop is transferring to the Duke or York's, though there's no set day yet. Sunday in the Park with George took about three months to make the leap, so it may be around late April/May time...

I think Michael Jibson has a myspace page, that may give you more info on that front.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile PhotoInfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thank you guys so much, all exciting news, especially about Sunday in the Park! Let's keep fingers crossed.

How many new musicals open on the West End each year, about?
[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry, probably didn't make myself clear - SITPWG transfered last year and closed in Sept; this year, Little Shop is tranferring, running March-Sept 2007. There's also the new musical starring Emma Williams 'A Model Girl', running though Feb at Greenwich.

The number of musicals a year varies - last year was a 'bumper crop' with so many Broadway tranfers. Other years, the figure is much smaller. The West End is not so much of 'musical factory' as Broadway seems to be.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."