Page: 1

Westend Theatres

TOMJAZZ
Understudy
Understudy
Westend Theatres#1
Posted: 1/6/07 at 10:30am
Hey guys for this years summer holidays (early I know) Iím planning on trying to get some work experience in a Westend theatre hopefully a Musical, just enquiring if any one out there knows of how I would go about it or if anyone has done it before, ideas would be much appreciated.
Thank you tom XxX
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Westend Theatres#2
Posted: 1/6/07 at 4:57pm
Hey! I did my WE at Les Mis last year - Cameron Mackintosh is the best for keeping contact in my experience, but all WE theatres are booked a LONG time in advance for Work Experience. The Really Useful Group is DREADFUL as is the New Ambassadors. YOu can find the Contact for Delfont Mackintosh at their website. The name is John Scarborough.

Immortal Longings
Swing
Swing
re: Westend Theatres#2
Posted: 1/6/07 at 5:51pm
West End theatres are actually really hard to get work experience...I tried for two years before gettng a yes!

Few tips:
- Apply months in advance. WE theatres are always booked out for work experience, so get in there early
- Leave the dates open. Theatres seem to appreciate being able to organise the date themselves, because they know what time is best for them.
- If possible try to find the name of the person in the specific department you wish to have work experience in. For example I applied to the stage manager of the show, as I wanted SM experience.
- Include an SAE, but also include your other contact details e.g. email address, mobile telephone number in your letter. Emails/quick phone calls are easier and quicker to send/make than writing and posting a letter.
- Always be extremley polite, and make sure you sound enthusiastic!

Good luck, don't be too disappointed if you get no's at first, you'll get a yes in the end!

(hope this helps, btw)

Page: 1