Page: 1

Company

flamenco_girl
Swing
Swing
Company#0
Posted: 10/8/06 at 5:53am
I'm in NYC next month, and have already got tickets for Wicked and A Chorus Line.

I wondered if I should consider adding Company to my show list, even though it will still be in previews then. Has anyone heard any feedback on rehearsals?

Also, is it an accessible musical? I'm British (26 year old female) and I know that Sondheim is known for being more highbrow than say Andrew Lloyd Webber. Saying that, I did enjoy A Sunday in the Park with George earlier in the year in London.
joshy Profile Photojoshy Profile Photo
joshy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Company#1
Posted: 10/8/06 at 7:27am
This production of Company is a transfer of John Doyle's production in Cincinnatti, so it's already been reviewed and everything and it's meant to be superb. I think it's one of Sondheim's most accessible shows, and you should DEFINITELY see it. :) The cast is great, the music is wonderful (lots of catchy stuff, much better than ALWs!) and if you've never seen a John Doyle production before then I think its a must!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Company#2
Posted: 10/8/06 at 4:25pm
I would most certainly place COMPANY in my list of the top 10 musicals ever written, so I would say that any production of it would always be worth seeing. And from what I've gathered about this one, it should be superb. I saw John Doyle's SWEENEY TOOD and MACK AND MABLE - and if it's even half as good as those, it's better than most things you are likely to see in New York (and certainly better than any ALW show). I will be making my next pilgrimage to New York next April - and I'm hoping and praying that COMPANY will still be playing then as I am dying to see it!
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
moulinrougehk Profile Photomoulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Company#3
Posted: 10/27/06 at 10:48pm
MUST SEE!
Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile PhotoCaroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Company#4
Posted: 10/28/06 at 12:13pm
don't know why this in on the West End Board re: Company

YES. get your tickets now. I've got mine!
"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed