Footlose on tour

benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Footlose on tour#0
Posted: 8/23/06 at 8:04am
I heard footloose is coming bac to the Mayflower!! Yay!! Westendartist r u gonna b in it? Is it gonna b the same cast as the london production? Any update on the Avenue q tour coming to the mayflower??
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Footlose on tour#1
Posted: 8/23/06 at 8:14am
What Avenue Q tour? Would have thought that it would have to close in London first - can I can't see it doing well if it goes round the big Stage 1 venues...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Footlose on tour#2
Posted: 8/23/06 at 9:05am
soz i thought on 1 messge board about uk tours some 1 said about it! O well sorry!
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Footlose on tour#3
Posted: 8/23/06 at 9:27am
Dont get me wrong I love The Mayflower, it is my loacl theatre, but the downside is it is often too big for some of the touring shows - and IF Avenue Q does tour (which I doubt for a long time) I think it would be lost in such a big space.

I think Footloose is only going back on the road if they cant get another London home. A lot rests on Daddy Cools success (or lack of!)
west end artist1 Profile Photowest end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Footlose on tour#4
Posted: 8/23/06 at 9:40am
Ave Q has actually been talking about a uk tour for mid next year.

Footloose hassnt confirmed any tour as yet but it is looking more and more likely at the moment as we are running out of time to find a new home.
We have been told a certain show maybe about to announce its closing and footloose are in talks to take is theatre but we are not getting are hopes up again.
We are kinda glad we aint stopping at the Novello now due to the fact dirty dancing is playing next door when it opens and it doesnt seem smart keeping 2 teen shows next to each other.

xx
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Footlose on tour#5
Posted: 8/23/06 at 10:59am
Well good luck to Ave Q if it does decide to tour.

The difference you guys in Footloose have over Dirty Dancing is price. Dirty Dancing is so overpriced, and now sold out for many dates. Footloose is pretty easy to get cheap tickets (perfect for younger audiences) and its available at the last minute.
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
2007 Tour Now Booking#6
Posted: 8/23/06 at 11:39am
West End Artist, i'll refer you to your producers web-page. Footloose is touring next year, but that obviously could mean that the show will be staying in the West End and a duplicate production will be going on the road, or it could mean that the show is closing in London and going on the road.

http://www.markgoucher.com/

Updated On: 8/23/06 at 11:39 AM
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#7
Posted: 8/30/06 at 6:43pm
"Footloose" commences rehearsals from mid-January '07 and will open at The Lowry Theatre, Salford, Manchester early February.

It is scheduled to tour until the end of July 2007.

The producers are hoping to run a national tour and a London production together. However, a decision on a London run will not be taken until January 2007.

Footloose will close at The Novello Theatre on 11th November. The producers are still hoping to secure a transfer to another theatre but as each day passes this is looking less likely.
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#8
Posted: 8/30/06 at 9:19pm
according to the talk going on at the show
The only thing they are trying to secure in london is a christmas run of the show in a different theatre which will run untill just before it heads out on tour but even that is proving hard at the moment unless daddy cool closes quickly.
They would love to leave the london show running but it's looking very unlikely.
It is very possible the show will head back to london after its 2007 tour.

Footloose was not supposed to go out on tour again so quick(we only finished the tour mid year)and the reasson it's going out is because of how well the show has done in london and due to the fact it cant find a new home.

We also just heard that footloose has already turned a nice profit which is great news.

There is also only one set for this production of footloose as the 2004 set(which was awfull and clunky)wont be used again so it looks unlikely that the show would do a london run and a tour as it would mean building a second set.

But hey this show has proved that anything is possible and things change on a daily basis so who knows what the hell will happen(i wouldnt be supprised if they anounced the moon for a limited run at this point.

I do know that it will be mostly a new cast heading out on tour to keep it fresh

xx
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#9
Posted: 8/31/06 at 9:04am
Footloose ended its tour at the end of March and opened in early April 2006. Hardly half way through the year!! The show when it closes at The Novello will have had a respectable 7 month run and if the theatre had been available would have continued to run.

I understand that the cast are currently having one-to-one meetings with the producers to assess whether they would remain with the show on tour. However, this offer would be determined by the amount of time the cast have had off for injury and sickness.

In May of this year the 2007 tour was announced and has been booking since then with success. It has not been hastily arranged as you suggest.

However, I couldn't agree more with what you say, that some of the cast should be replaced in order to keep the show fresh!!

I am not deliberately setting out to disprove a number of comments you are making but you do appear to be making wildly exaggerated remarks.
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#10
Posted: 8/31/06 at 1:14pm
Well been in the cast of the show im pretty aware of whats going on with the show.

The tour was not announced in may but they were talk from very early on that if they did well but couldnt find a home after the novello it would be the only option.

The cast arent having one on ones or not yet anyway and it's already pretty much in stone who is going (ie the lovely stevie who plays rusty).

Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#11
Posted: 8/31/06 at 7:09pm
You are very much mistaken!

The ad for the 2007 tour was in The Stage in May. The tour has been planned since then and has been booking since then.

If you knew anyhting about what is going on backstage you would know that the cast and crew are having one-to-one meetings, these commenced last Friday and if proof were needed look at the notice board, which details the meetings.

The more you post on this board with your wildly inaccurate stories the more you are looking a complete incompetent.

Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#12
Posted: 8/31/06 at 7:13pm

Updated On: 8/31/06 at 07:13 PM
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#13
Posted: 8/31/06 at 10:15pm
Again i repeat i never heard a damn thing about a tour untill about a month ago when we were told that if we could not secure a venue in london the show would tour(which i said ages ago if you read past posts).
As for 1 on 1 meetings not a chance.

We have been spoke to but not 1 on 1 and if it ever was 1 on 1 it wassnt an official meeting and all we were asked is that if we would like to stay with the show(though you are right about that it's been judged on abbsence etc).

Your attitude is pissing me of to say the least(but thanks to the other guys on here who have PM me sying to ignore this guy etc)

Im not saying you dont have any insight in to this show you obviously do(you either work for the company or the novello or are slightly obsessed)but either way the fact the you know some stuff i dont and i know some stuff you dont is not an excuse to question someones identity.

Your info has been quite accurate(except the derek thing)but the 1 on 1 official meetings are new to me.As i say all i know is that we were asked if we wanted to stay with show but they would make a decision on our future but non of this was OFFICIAL meetings.

I cant be arsed with your idiotic attitude so dont bother responding as you wont get a response back,Iman adult and i come on here to chat to like minded people about things we love but this is a joke.

This is my last post but thoose of you who know me ,continue to email me and say hi.

Bullys have a place and thats in a playground.

l8rs you guys ,be good xx
Updated On: 8/31/06 at 10:15 PM
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#14
Posted: 9/1/06 at 5:06am
Stop being so defensive, if you are as you say you are then where's the problem?

I'm surprised that you are unaware of the face-to-face meetings with Tristan (Producer) and Claudia (General Manager). These meetings are official and have been going on for a week. They have also been the focus of much discussion amongst the CAST.

I am not a "bully" as you describe me, just an honest poster who has become incensed with what you have written. You do the show or those connected with it no favours by making wildly impropable stories up and when challenged you resort to "playground" antics by running away and hiding.

I am connected with the show and am therefore aware of what goes on and what is going on. At least I can say that with integrity and all honesty!

No doubt you will reinvent another name to post on this board!

We live in a democracy and all views expressed are the opininon of the individual who posts them but once in the public domain they can and will be challenged especially if they lack any element of truth.

Bullys have no place in a society whatsoever especially, as you say, in a playground!
Updated On: 9/1/06 at 05:06 AM
woodyb
Swing
Swing
2007 Tour Now Booking#15
Posted: 9/1/06 at 6:23am
Ok, have been reading this thread with interest for a while now. Never posted before (am a reader not a poster) but after reading the threads between westendartist and spotlight decided to post.
To Westendartist - Totally impartial, nothing to do with the west end but a massive musical/west end fan. live in the barren wasteland of birmingham so love getting down there to see shows. Dont jump down my throat but reading the posts cant understand why you think spotlight is bullying u???? they are not abusive posts just dont match up to what u say is going on in the show. seems to me that if u accuse spotlight of bullying and then say - i'm not posting anymore u are kind of letting people think - u r not in the company and have been found out. I dont know obviously but that is the impression.
If u and spotlight r both connected with the show why dont u contact each other privately (sure u can email each other) or arrange to talk at the novello??? would be simple.
like i said - no axe to grind, no agenda just a musical fan who enjoys reading the posts on here thats all.
thats my impression of the situation.
musicalboy1 Profile Photomusicalboy1 Profile Photo
musicalboy1
Swing
Swing
2007 Tour Now Booking#16
Posted: 9/1/06 at 6:45am
Loving this page! its so dramatic.
woodyb
Swing
Swing
2007 Tour Now Booking#17
Posted: 9/1/06 at 6:52am
i know, they should make it into a musical
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#18
Posted: 9/1/06 at 6:55am
Not a bad idea! How about - "Loose Footing - The Musical".
Updated On: 9/1/06 at 06:55 AM
woodyb
Swing
Swing
2007 Tour Now Booking#19
Posted: 9/1/06 at 7:04am
an interesting thing to note. westendartist lists beautiful and the damned as a credit but there is no performer who was in the cast of this show who is in the current west end cast of footloose.
loose footing indeed.
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#20
Posted: 9/1/06 at 7:37am
Westendartist is legit, like I said before I know who he is. Not every perfomer lists every show the have been in in the programme.
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
2007 Tour Now Booking#21
Posted: 9/1/06 at 8:49am
To be honest I wouldn't list the Beautiful and the Damned on any of my biogs either!

But I also can say that WE1 is legit and in Footloose.
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
2007 Tour Now Booking#22
Posted: 9/1/06 at 5:15pm
Clearly not entirely aware of the workings of his show though.

The ad for the tour WAS in the stage in may, and I quote "2007 tour now booking".

Once and for all, if WEA wants to retain any credibility, he should say who he is.

WhoPaintedTheKitten? Profile PhotoWhoPaintedTheKitten? Profile Photo
WhoPaintedTheKitten?
Understudy
Understudy
2007 Tour Now Booking#23
Posted: 9/1/06 at 7:30pm
ooh, I love all the drama going on in this thread...
"...if you rearrange the letters in the word unemployed, it spells OPPORTUNITY!" - Gary Coleman, Ave. Q
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re:#24
Posted: 9/1/06 at 7:43pm
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
Updated On: 9/3/06 at 07:43 PM