Page: 1

Scarlet Strallen

Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
Scarlet Strallen#0
Posted: 7/14/06 at 5:17am
I am just intrigued, has anyone been to see Mary Poppins and seen both Laura Michelle Kelly and Scarlet Strallen's performances in the lead role? I went to see the show yesterday and was absolutely blown away (excuse the pun!) by Scarlet's performance.

I initially thought that I would have liked to have seen Laura Michelle Kelly in the role because she is brilliant on the original london cast recording, however, in my opinion, Miss Strallen is an absolute star and her interpretation of the character is spot on. I was captivated by her performance from the moment she miraculously appeared at the beginning, to when the curtain came down at the end - so much so that it was hard to divert my eyes from her whenever she was on the stage as she had such a strong aura about her, furthermore not once did she break out of character. The vast amount of preparation she must have put into the role is staggering - everything from her posture, facial expressions, her incredible singing and dancing etc was down to a tee and i could not spot a single flaw during her charcterisation throughout. Her performance was extremely moving particularly when she exits at the end. I have immense admiration and respect for Miss Strallen after seeing her perform and will most definately be paying the theatre another visit very shortly as she, and the show overall, was practically perfect.

If Laura Michelle Kelly's interpretation was equally as amazing as Scarlet's then - wow! Thats all there is to be said!!
princessofpower Profile Photoprincessofpower Profile Photo
princessofpower
Understudy
Understudy
re: Scarlet Strallen#1
Posted: 7/14/06 at 9:10pm
Even when she was in the Ensemble, you would always end up watching her.....she just stood out as an amazing dancer and performer....she is do great things!
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Scarlet Strallen#2
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:00am
I have seen her a few times now in Mary Poppins and other shows and absolutely adore her for exactly what you said about her Jenny. She is a true star onstage and an absolute sweetheart at the stage door when I met her there twice.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Scarlet Strallen#3
Posted: 7/15/06 at 1:38pm
Sounds like she was really good. Im going to london and we have tickets for mary poppins so I hope she is still Mary.
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Scarlet Strallen#4
Posted: 7/15/06 at 6:17pm
When are you going Mark?
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Scarlet Strallen#5
Posted: 7/16/06 at 3:52am
We are going from Sunday 22nd of October to around the 26th-27th.

We have the Mary poppins tickets for monday 23rd. We also have wicked tickets for the wednesday afternoon. Also wanting to see Spamalot and Avenue Q but my parents dont seem too keen on them (Esp Av Q lol).
mrkringas Profile Photomrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Scarlet Strallen#6
Posted: 7/16/06 at 6:30am
Oh just go and queue for day seats for Avenue Q and tell them what they missed afterre: Scarlet Strallen
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Scarlet Strallen#7
Posted: 7/16/06 at 7:47am
"Oh just go and queue for day seats for Avenue Q and tell them what they missed after"

Do you think it would be difficult to get tickets on the day? My parents dont mind me seeing Avenue Q i think its just the fact that they dont want to see it.
Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Scarlet Strallen#8
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:51pm
"I have seen her a few times now in Mary Poppins and other shows and absolutely adore her for exactly what you said about her Jenny. She is a true star onstage and an absolute sweetheart at the stage door when I met her there twice."

I'd love to meet her, well when i go next time ill have to go to the stage door in the hope that i can see her. I go down to London a lot and never have i come out of a performance in which i have been literally transfixed solely on one person for practically the entire show - Scarlet will do so so well for herself, she'll be around for a long long time, the longer the better! I will have to see her at least a few more times in Mary Poppins, i wonder what her next venture will be?

Oh and in response to the 'debating about Avenue Q' conversation forming, you must must must go and see it. Its absolutely hilarious, i have never laughed so much in my life!! It seems like tickets are not selling as well as anticipated since they have gone upto 50 so you may be ok getting tickets on the day. However, to avoid disappointment i would recommend booking them prior to when you go. There are some cracking performances in Avenue Q too, particularly from Julie Atherton and Simon Lipkin. Go and see it!
Updated On: 7/16/06 at 12:51 PM
zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Scarlet Strallen#9
Posted: 7/25/06 at 9:14pm
Hello there my name is Danny and I am a huge fan of Scarlett I have ssen the show a few times now with LMK and with a couple of understudies and I have to say Scarlett is my favourite her stage presence is just amazing!! I am looking forward to the show to open on BWAY and to see Ashley Brown as Mary...I really hope they will do a BWAY cast soundtrack!!!!! Hoping to go and see it on the 10th of August again!!

Danny x x x
**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
mrkringas Profile Photomrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Scarlet Strallen#10
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:47pm
Avenue Q release the front row each day so you just need to be there at the right time and queue. Not sure of the details though but shouldnt be too hard to find online try theatremonkey