Page: 1

Anyone seen Evita?

Musicallover3
Swing
Swing
Anyone seen Evita?#0
Posted: 6/30/06 at 6:24am
Hey, posted 2 messages now and no-ones replied! Does anyone know how 'A New Argentina' and 'The Montage' are staged in the new production of Evita, and also how are the sets, and do they change a lot? Thanks.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anyone seen Evita?#1
Posted: 6/30/06 at 7:07am
*Spoilers* for anyone worried about these things...

Set - the curtain rises on a large wall with a door in the middle, which keeps all the action fairly downstage at the begining. As Buenos Aires starts, the wall rises in the air to reveal three imposing building facades which form three sides of a square. These move in and out from the side as necessary with the rear balcony moving forwards away from the bulding for 'Don't cry for me, Argentina'. Otherwise, they don't change during the show, but are fairly spectacular

A New Argentina:
Che comes out onto the rear balcony and spreads the Argentinia flag as the songs starts. Peron, Eva and the ensemble are down below. The songs ends with Peron putting on the Presidential sash as a large drop of his portraint tumbles from above. Not terribly exciting.

Montage
This is has been re-orchestrated and re-arranged, so bears no relation to any recordings. Peron and Che are on either side balconies singing their bits, while Eva in is in her sick bed centre stage, which occasionally gets spun around. She gets up and sings and dances her sections before dramatically vanishing at the conclusion.

I'm sure I've missed bits out, but that's the nuts and bolts version...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Updated On: 6/30/06 at 07:07 AM
Musicallover3
Swing
Swing
re: Anyone seen Evita?#2
Posted: 6/30/06 at 9:15am
Brilliant, thanks for that, can't wait to see it now!!

Page: 1