Page: 1

We Will Rock You

dmb_rent
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
We Will Rock You#0
Posted: 6/29/06 at 7:10am
This is my first time in London and I just saw this musical last night. Obviously, I went because I'm a huge Queen fan....um, yeah wow...that was one of the coolest shows I've ever seen. Very, very cool! Does anyone know if there are any plans for an American tour of the show? I would LOVE to see it again.

So glad I saw that, it wasn't planned. I just went to the box office a few hours before and bought a ticket and got 3rd row. That'll be a show I'll never forget!
"I would rather take a flawed movie that has as much heart and passion and life and joy and energy and truth in it as this film does over any film that is completely perfectly presented and perfectly constructed but has none of that heart and life." -Anthony Rapp
dmb_rent
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: We Will Rock You#1
Posted: 6/29/06 at 7:10am
Ah...sorry for the double post.
"I would rather take a flawed movie that has as much heart and passion and life and joy and energy and truth in it as this film does over any film that is completely perfectly presented and perfectly constructed but has none of that heart and life." -Anthony Rapp
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You#2
Posted: 6/29/06 at 10:32am
I haven't heard anything about an American tour. I saw it about two years ago (at least I think it was two years ago). Quite Good. I wasn't blown over by it. I'm just not a big fan of musicals that just spring up from putting together an artist or groups songs. Mamma Mia is worse.
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
Renthead#1 Profile PhotoRenthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You#3
Posted: 6/29/06 at 7:27pm
They may because. I was looking at Playbill.com's job thing or whatever, and it said needed performers for "We will rock you." I really want to see it.
Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall
west end artist1 Profile Photowest end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: We Will Rock You#4
Posted: 6/29/06 at 9:47pm
i wish this show would close already
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: We Will Rock You#5
Posted: 6/30/06 at 8:25am
Its fun, lots of people love it and its doing great business. No reason or need for it to close.
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: We Will Rock You#6
Posted: 6/30/06 at 10:11am
Though am not too mad about the show itself with the ridiculous story line, but there were/are some incredible performers in the show. Already to see people as Jenna Lee James or Mazz Murray is worth seeing it!
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: We Will Rock You#7
Posted: 6/30/06 at 12:17pm
The cast are always great but its just got the most stupid storyline
rocker05
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: We Will Rock You#8
Posted: 6/30/06 at 11:38pm
I completely agree that the storyline was ridiculous (saw it in Vegas), but the show was really fun and entertaining, almost like a rock concert. It was a "rock theatrical". Tony Vincent was great as Galileo and so was the rest of the cast. I just wish that I could actually see the full 2+ hour version in London with an intermission! I love Queen and I thought the show was mindless fun!
princessofpower Profile Photoprincessofpower Profile Photo
princessofpower
Understudy
Understudy
re: We Will Rock You#9
Posted: 7/2/06 at 6:43am
The show is what it is....but as a soundtrack, it is senseational.....the OLC is fabulous.....the arrangements/orchestrations and the performers...... Kerry Ellis must be mentioned, of course, as her version of No-one But You was so freaking great!!
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: We Will Rock You#10
Posted: 7/2/06 at 1:10pm
yeah i love the queen music and the original casr were great just wish they would have put a better story line to it