Page: 1

NEW AVENUE Q SONG

rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
NEW AVENUE Q SONG#0
Posted: 6/8/06 at 8:17pm
right this may have been talked about already but i am tired and cant be bothered to look through all the messages but basicaly there is a new song in the show called TIME which aparently is another great tune.
I know this will make people think of a london cast recording but aparently thats a no go they will just put this song on cd and place it in the Brosure oh and i have also been told that they put back all the original gary coleman lines into the show god i cant wait to see it!
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#1
Posted: 6/9/06 at 4:30am
There was alot iof Gary Coleman jokes in the performance when I saw it. Any worries that wouldn't travel with the UK humour aren't founded. Lots of laughter. Though they did kinda outline who Garry Coleman was at the beginning for those who didn't know - wonder if thats included for the UK audience? But his story is pretty well known over here I think.

Didn't notice the song you mention "TIME"..? or that it was attached to the brochure.

Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#2
Posted: 6/9/06 at 5:35am
When was it put in? I went on the second preview and don't recall anything then, so I assume it's a recent thing...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#3
Posted: 6/9/06 at 2:34pm
Yes I went to the third preview and couldnt recall a new song. Please elaborate! I will have to look out for that when i go again.
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#4
Posted: 6/10/06 at 6:48pm
i believe it was put in around tuesday or wednesday this week so after you guys would have seen iv been told they are making changes all the time if not lines then set or lighting the have taken out fine line but then put it back etc so they are really trying it out. im not sure that they have recorded it yet but when they do it will be in the pic broshure not the program with the cast biogs the broshure isnt out yet as far as i know thats why you wouldnt have seen it
princessofpower Profile Photoprincessofpower Profile Photo
princessofpower
Understudy
Understudy
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#5
Posted: 6/10/06 at 11:35pm
Looking forward to seeing it....The Vegas version was so freaking great....so sad that it closed....but, have to say, this new Vegas trend of 90-minute-interval-free musicals work REALLY well....just don't seem to get the audiences they deserve.
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#6
Posted: 6/11/06 at 7:30am
Oh i c! Well the show was absolutely amazing as it was, can it be improved much more?! Ill have to go again after opening night to see how they have altered it. Thx 4 the info.
Fiction Writer Profile PhotoFiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#7
Posted: 6/14/06 at 6:08am
Is it just me, or can anyone else not understand rohingit's posts?

God, boy, learn some GRAMMAR!
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#8
Posted: 6/14/06 at 6:48am
Im so sorry that you find my messages hard to read but as i posted i suffer from savear dyslexia so i am terrably sorry if my spelling grammer and punctuation upsets you, but get a life and look at the site we are on, its hardly for writers compeeting for whitbread book of the year, nobody else complains about it spesh over multiple threads. If you dont have anything to add to the conversation other then taunt me or others i sugest you keep it to yourself as it is just offencive and iritating!
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#9
Posted: 6/18/06 at 7:02am
Ok so went to see the show last night.................OMG ITS THE BEST SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN! u literaly sit there laughing all the way through! The cast are just fantastic Julie Atherton blue me away as she has been off for a few days with a bad throat but you couldnt tell at all! Simon Lipkin is poss the funnyest person on the stage really made the different characters come to life in there own special ways! everything about this production ROCKS! Oh and the cut the new song 'TIME' apparently it just didnt really work/ was a little bit lame i did think there were a couple of changes that seemed pointless to change but all the bits worked none the less! I'm guna have to go again and again and again lol i REALLY hope they extend this show its only booking till September...its gota last longer then that!
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#10
Posted: 6/18/06 at 11:11am
It is amazing!!! Ive gotta go and c it agen sumtime ova the summer. I would eb so shocked if they didnt extend its run for a while as its doing so well and is getting fantastic feedback.
katurian
Swing
Swing
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#11
Posted: 6/23/06 at 6:28am
I saw the song "Time" in the second week of previews. It was a video played right at the end of the interval by Nicky in the loo singing about how he had all the time in the world before the show started again. At the performance I saw, it didn't really go over too well, and when I saw the show again last night, it was gone.
If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your life pass by without you.
pinsandneedles Profile Photopinsandneedles Profile Photo
pinsandneedles
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#12
Posted: 6/25/06 at 2:42pm
I saw the show in NYC last year, I hear they have changed a bunch of stuff???
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#13
Posted: 6/27/06 at 9:53am
yeah mainly one liners etc and some of the song lirics etc ie "We could sit in the park smoking pot..or not" is now
"We could go and see a broadway show...no" Cam didnt want all the drug references in the show....its flippin stupid if u ask me, but there we go
Aparently the shows not looking to good once previews are done...very poor ticket sales due to the high price....Cam is being such an idiot by not advertising it yet expecting to sell tickets at 55-60 who will pay that if they dont know anything about the show! as you can see this is really getting to me!
*ASH*
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#14
Posted: 6/27/06 at 11:23am
Isn't it on an open-end run? If not when's it closing?! Ineed to see it!
pinsandneedles Profile Photopinsandneedles Profile Photo
pinsandneedles
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#15
Posted: 6/28/06 at 4:31pm
such a shame, the NY one is brillent.
Does he think we don't do drugs? or is he suggesting that Americans do more drugs maybe??
ha!
matt schneider
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: NEW AVENUE Q SONG#16
Posted: 7/4/06 at 11:17pm
I'm seeing it in a couple of weeks and I am wondering if there is any specific thing I should look for, or if the changes are mainly from the vegas version, or if they are totaly new.
The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying