Page: 1

What's replacing Jerry Springer the Opera?

dudley5000
Swing
Swing
Believe Jerry Springer the Opera has now closed at the Cambridge- was such a great original show!!!

anyways does anyone know what show will be opening in the Cambridge in it's place? i'm crossing my fingers for a west end version of avenue q!
Singing_Jesus
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
As far as I can see, nothing has been anounced yet. I'll keep looking and tell you if I find anything out.

X
ElTico68 Profile PhotoElTico68 Profile Photo
ElTico68
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is pure speculation, but the rumour I read was that the "Cats" revival *might* be living there. But nothing official has been announced.
Happy, smile! Sad, frown! Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion! - Kate (Meg Ryan), French Kiss
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The return of Cats to London has officially been shelved, and the Cambridge is currently dark. But with Hairspray, the planned Evita revival, the SOund of Music, the Grease tour, and Jekyll and Hyde (please god, no) all queueing up for theatres, it shouldn't be too long before something is announced.

I think it would be a little too large for Ave. Q as they are looking at smaller houses (and Cameron Mackintosh wants it in one his theatres - possibly the Strand after the refit), but it can't come over soon enough for me!

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

broadwaybaby77 Profile Photobroadwaybaby77 Profile Photo
broadwaybaby77
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Sadly, it probably won't be Avenue Q. Although they've expressed interest in doing it, they're going to be a bit preoccupied with the opening of their theatre in Las Vegas.

Perhaps in 2006.

::crosses fingers, too::