Page: 1

Potentially dumb question: Guys and Dolls tickets.

Type_A_Tiff Profile PhotoType_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I may or may not be able to see Guys and Dolls on opening preview night (May 20). I just wanted to know what the buzz is. Tickets go on sale in a couple of hours. Is there a good likelihood tickets for the first few shows will be sold out right away? I don't mind buying tickets early but I don't know if there's a good chance I'll be able to resell the tickets (at face value) in case I can't go.

Any help would be appreciated!
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think that once it starts getting a bit more publicity (especially when the rest of the cast is announced) it'll be fairly busy. I shouldn't think that you'd have too much problem selling on your ticket if you needed to, although you'd have better luck if you bought a ticket for after the press night as that is when sales tend to go crazy (ie The Producers)

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for your help. Do you know any outlets where I'd be able to re-sell my ticket if need be?

Also, what's been the buzz with the general London public? Do a lot of people know about this?
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There is a website called Whats On Stage (link below) and on their discussion boards they have a board for re-selling of tickets. If not that, I assume that it's OK to sell them on ebay.co.uk - they have a section for them anyway!

As for public awareness - not too much at the moment, but I've heard that there will be adverts in various national newspapers in the next few weeks, and with agency's also starting to organise trips, business will build fairly fast.
Whats on stage

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

beartrande
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
With Ewan McGregor in the cast already announced its more than likely to be a hit! There has been pre-booking and the tickets went on general sale on Friday.
"Well we can't all come and go by bubble"
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile PhotoCaroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tiff-oo, were r ur seats?
"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
CQ babe, it's orchestra Row S, Seats 26, 27.