Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 1

What Musical/Play would like to see come back for a revival at the: West End or a UK Tour???

mikeyp3
Chorus Member
Chorus Member | Joined: 6/9/17

Mine would be the hit 80's Dave Clark's "Time" Musical

Saw it 3 times- once with-Cliff Richard in  June of 1986 I was 5 then David Cassidy in summer of 1987 with Stephanie Lawrence and then with David Ian in Spring of 1988

Shame it never toured the UK afterwards like Chess etc-The special effects and the sets were cutting edge stuff and still holds up today

Still have all the merch,  John Napier did soo many West End/Broadway, RSC, +Tour stuff etc  as you know

The guy is a genius-And this Musical needs to be revived! 

mikeyp3
Chorus Member
cjguk Profile Photo
cjguk
Swing
Swing | Joined: 5/25/11

Hunting of the Snark or Children of Eden

mikeyp3
Chorus Member

Hey mate,

Yes def-I remember seeing the adverts for it, And remember the did  some stuff from it at-The Royal Albert Hall in the 80's in 1987 on TV-Still got it recorded on VHS  somewhere

Sure you seen this-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKitp2gmRas

Children of Eden is another good one,  I remember the adverts for it on TV and listings of it on good old Ceefax, Oracle,  and adverts to buy the cast album etc-Ialso remember when they performd this on TV-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mx3ocw3ZP8

Did you read my one that I wanted for a revival??

Another one of mine would be the hit musical Mutiny in the 80's-David Essex, Frank Finlay,  Sinitta,  etc

I still got all the merch from what we have both mentioned What  Musical/Play would like to see come back for a revival  at the: West End or a UK Tour??? 

cjguk Profile Photo
cjguk
Swing

Never saw Time first time around so definitely up for a revival! Saw both mine and though they were so underrated at the time

cjguk Profile Photo
cjguk
Swing

Never saw Mutiny either but had the CD and loved it! Would also love to see Kiss of the Spider Woman back in the west end

mikeyp3
Chorus Member

Yea TIME-needs to be revived no question, Yea the Mutiny Cast Album is really good I agree!

It was 6th/7th CD my dad got  + he got it from-Our Price(Those were the days)

Yea Kiss of the Spider Woman would be a very good oneto bring back to West End, And if so what Theatre would you like it at?

I wouldn't mind  it coming back to the: West End or  UK Tour! 

Where in the UK you from mate, I'm from Kent What  Musical/Play would like to see come back for a revival  at the: West End or a UK Tour??? 

Ladylusiphur
Swing
Swing | Joined: 1/23/20

I'd love to see Hadestown back in the UK, the Broadway version is perfection and slightly better than the NT in my opinion. (and it's cheaper not having to fly to New York to see it!) 

I'd also like to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch in London, and The Band's Visit, which I don't think was staged here. 

mikeyp3
Chorus Member

Hey Ladylusiphur,

Yea Hadestown would be good to have back in the UK,  UK Tour needs to be done def

As for  Hedwig and the Angry Inch for London, What Theatre  in the West End would you like to see it in??

Any other ones?

Eddie3
Swing
Swing | Joined: 12/4/14

Billy, the musical version of Billy Liar, which I saw at the Drury Lane many years ago. Music/lyrics by John Barry/Don Black. Lovely show, deserves a full revival. 

Theatrefanboy1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star | Joined: 8/2/15
I would like see a return of Ian McKellan, Helen Miren and Maggie Smith to the theatre scene

In terms of shows... Billy Elliot, Ghost, Love Never Dies

artigat1@hey.com
Swing
Swing | Joined: 7/8/20

Spring Awakening,Hedwig (the last Broadway version was really well updated with great performers too!) and Kiss Of The Spiderwoman for sure. The original production was amazing.

I'd also love to see Aida finally come to the West End (rumoured again that it might come next year, but who knows)

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star | Joined: 12/8/14
Tom Stoppard's The Invention of Love
juggles
Stand-by
Stand-by | Joined: 10/15/10
Theatre Fan3
Stand-by
Stand-by | Joined: 1/27/15

The Beautiful Game, Whistle Down The Wind, The Girls and Blood Brothers with Josie Walker as Mrs. Johnstone.

IAmAnIslander2 Profile Photo
IAmAnIslander2
Swing
Swing | Joined: 1/5/21
lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
Broadway Star
Broadway Star | Joined: 1/23/06

Menier Chocolate Factory's  production of Sondhiem's   'Assassins'  Chilling and breathtaking