Page: 1

Recommendations?

magictodo123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Recommendations?#1
Posted: 11/22/19 at 1:47pm

So I'm planning a trip to the West End (so far, I know I'm seeing Waitress and The Prince of Egypt) but I have a week in London and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a third show I should see? I was in London last year and I've previously seen (NY or UK) Wicked, DEH, Everybody's Talking About Jamie, The Mousetrap, The Play That Goes Wrong, The Play About a Bank Robbery, Heathers...and...that's all I can think of right now. So I'm looking for other suggestions! 

I will be there in April. 

GreenKakapo Profile PhotoGreenKakapo Profile Photo
GreenKakapo
Swing
Swing
Recommendations?#2
Posted: 11/23/19 at 9:24am

Come From Away seems to be a big show missing from your list! Unless you've seen it in NY/London before? If not I'd say that could be good based on your previous shows.

I've never seen City of Angels but it was well received in its previous run and will be back in the West End by April - so could be good.

Also & Juliet got good reviews when it opened last week. I'm quite hesitant to get tickets as it is a very pop-y jukebox musical - which normally isn't my thing - but could be good if that's your sort of thing.

Blue207
Swing
Swing
Recommendations?#3
Posted: 11/23/19 at 2:40pm

Have you seen Witness for the Prosecution at County Hall? If not, I highly recommend that. It’s such a cool setting for an Agatha Christie play. Personally, I would choose that as a unique London experience over one of the big name musicals that you can see other places (I love Come From Away and highly recommend it, but there’s a touring production plus Broadway in the U.S. right now, so plenty of options to see it elsewhere.)

I’ll be there this spring as well and am considering &Juliet. I’d really like to see Six the Musical, but will probably hold off and see it in the States since there will be multiple productions of it here by mid-2020.

SpookyFish13
Understudy
Understudy
Recommendations?#4
Posted: 11/29/19 at 7:48pm

I've heard really good things about & Juliet, and that one would definitely be on my list if I were traveling to the west end! It's a jukebox musical comprised of songs by Max Martin, who wrote most of the pop megahits of the decade for artists like Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, and Ariana Grande.

I've always thought that Max Martin was an absolute genius, so that one would definitely be my must-see! 

magictodo123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Recommendations?#5
Posted: 12/2/19 at 8:44am

ah sorry I forgot to mention I've already seen Come From Away (2x Broadway, once on tour). I absolutely LOVE it!! But definitely considering &Juliet!