Page: 1

Whose Dropping Anchor For South Pacific at the Barbican?

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Paulo Szot will reprise his Tony-winning performance as Emile de Becque in the London transfer of Bartlett Sher's production of South Pacific, which begins performances at London's Barbican Theatre Aug. 15 for a run through Oct. 1, prior to a U.K. national tour. He will be joined by local TV star Samantha Womack, previously known as Samantha Janus, as Nellie Forbush.

Szot, who made his Broadway debut in South Pacific, had previously appeared in the New York City Opera productions of L'Elisir d'Amore, Carmen and Le Nozze di Figaro. He made his operatic debut as Figaro in Il Barbiere di Siviglia in his native Sao Paolo before going on to sing lead roles with major opera companies internationally.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Will he be only doing the London stop? Will he do the whole UK Tour?
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm very disgruntled about this. Why must actors force me to the Barbican more than once in a year? ;_;
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Very good casting but I imagine they'll replace him when they go on tour, pity they couldn't secure Kelli O'Hara but Sam Womack should be good.
Princeton Returns Profile PhotoPrinceton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Am really hoping the MAtthew Morrison rumours prove true for the London run, Daniel Koek just cant compare
theatreguy Profile Phototheatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matthew Morrison is booked up between his concert tour and filming Glee. No time for South Pacific, unfortunately.
vf
Stand-by
Stand-by
This article says Loretta Ables Sayre will also be playing Bloody Mary in this production
Baz Bamigboye's column
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd love to be able to afford to see South Pacific while it was at the barbican but i just cant afford it! mayflower it is for me
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would kill to see the show if Kelli O'Hara was coming over, gutted she isn't.

Paulo Szot was excellent when I saw him in New York, I never saw Kelli play her Tony role though.