Page: 1

What is happening with the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane...?

ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Two weeks ago it looked like this:

Now it looks like this:

Why couldn't they have just put the Shrek boards up next week - surely it's pointless and costly to swap them round?
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
They need people to buy Shrek tickets so that is why the marquee promotes that. The Oliviers are tomorrow and it would be a bit wierd if there was no sign for that.
At the end of the day it is different budgets, Shrek pay for the Shrek sign and the Oliviers for their sign, not sure who would pay to swap them back but I don't think that would be a huge cost.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The 'Shrek' boards have been up along time. The Lane has literally thousands of people walking past it or seeing it from Covent Garden, it has a brilliant corner there- they're just making the most of its prime position.
The Oliver board is up cos its kind of being televised!
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm sure it's not that expensive to replace the Shrek board for just the one day, it's not a marquee like Wicked or Billy Elliot which I imagine are more expensive to put up.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Shrek didn't get nominated!!!

What a fine part of Covent Garden with a few fine theatres, imo this is one of three theatre areas in London, the other two are Leicester Square and Victoria.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I do like how most theatres in London are within walking distance of each other. I wonder if that was done by design or purely by accident?