MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#1
Posted: 1/16/11 at 7:10pm
Jermyn Street Theatre London

The gem that is the Jermyn Street Theatre was once the changing rooms for the staff of the Getti Restaurant (formerly the Spaghetti House Restaurant) upstairs.
In late 1991, Howard Jameson had a vision - to transform the space into a luxury studio theatre in the heart of the West End.
Materials, expertise and services to the value of 280,000 were donated by 56 British companies and with major donation from Laings Builders, the challenge was complete.
The doors opened for the first time in August 1994.
With its mix of plays, music, comedy, cabaret, and magic the Jermyn Street Theatre could be said to be carrying on the spirit of Music Hall and Variety in the modern era, albeit on separate nights. The Theatre is licensed and includes a small bar/cafe area.

In 1997 the theatre was rewarded with a National Lottery Grant from the Arts Council of England, enabling the venue to provide even better facilities for its customers.

The theatre is run by the Trustees, and ably assisted by a commited band of volunteers.

Updated On: 1/16/11 at 07:10 PM
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#2
Posted: 1/16/11 at 11:16pm
Interesting. How many seats?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#2
Posted: 1/16/11 at 11:19pm
70/80
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#3
Posted: 1/17/11 at 3:55am
The only time I was there was to see Anyone Can Whistle which some here have deplored but which I loved. For me the small space was a plus. There's nothing like having people tap dancing a foot and a half in front of you.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#4
Posted: 1/17/11 at 5:03am
Lovely intimate space. I obviously have a great fondness for this theatre as we staged a workshop production of my show Based On A True Story there a year ago, which was quite a special night. Regarding the seating capacity - we sold out that night and, charging 10 per seat, we grossed 700 at the box office. So by my primitive maths that makes it a 70 seat house.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#5
Posted: 1/18/11 at 8:51pm
Seating is variable Bob! I've seen productions with seating in the stage area that take to to 80! Thats why I stated 70/80
algy Profile Photoalgy Profile Photo
algy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Jermyn Street Theatre London#6
Posted: 1/21/11 at 5:22pm
I saw Jet Set Go there - loved the show and the venue.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#7
Posted: 1/21/11 at 5:27pm
Yes - Jet Set Go's a fabulous show.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#8
Posted: 1/21/11 at 5:43pm
Yeap very small space (estate agent would use the term cosy or intimate), saw Bob's production of 'Based on a True story', a very enjoyable evening.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jermyn Street Theatre London#9
Posted: 1/21/11 at 8:45pm
But you still slag it off!