Page: 1

Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?

ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?#1
Posted: 12/26/10 at 7:21pm
"Early next year, he [Andrew Lloyd Webber] intends to begin work on perhaps his most ambitious revival to date: a blockbuster world arena tour of Jesus Christ Superstar, the 1970 rock opera written with Sir Tim Rice. The composer wants the work "to go back to its rock roots". "I will know in about February if it's going to happen, so as regards television, I'm hors de combat really," he said. "Every major artist I've spoken to has said they want to be in it. I'm not going to name names, but I'm getting demo tapes from some of the top artists in the world. It's extraordinary. We want to play 200 arenas in America and they are planning the route for the US tour already. Then, hopefully, there will be a world tour, going through the O2 in England. I'm very excited about it.""
Justin D Profile PhotoJustin D Profile Photo
Justin D
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?#2
Posted: 12/28/10 at 1:45pm
I just love when they call these things 'world tours' and basically only end up playing the UK and US, with maybe a Aussie stop.

When they bring it to me out here in the middle of nowhere then it is a 'world tour'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre
Ugly Duckling
Stand-by
Stand-by
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?#2
Posted: 12/28/10 at 1:54pm
"Every major artist I've spoken to has said they want to be in it. I'm not going to name names, but I'm getting demo tapes from some of the top artists in the world."
Yeah, cause who needs musical theatre performers, really? Oh, oh wait no. Someone's got to fill up those ensemble scenes and understudy for the big names.
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?
philitalia Profile Photophilitalia Profile Photo
philitalia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?#3
Posted: 12/28/10 at 2:00pm
I love JCS, but yet another production ? I was rather expecting celebrations of 25 years of Phantom in the West End.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?#4
Posted: 12/28/10 at 5:04pm
This will get crucified by the critics.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?#5
Posted: 12/28/10 at 5:10pm
POL, I think that comment might make some people very cross. lol
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?#6
Posted: 12/28/10 at 5:23pm
Oh you two! xD
Hamlet2010
Swing
Swing
Jesus Christ Superstar World Tour?#7
Posted: 12/28/10 at 5:35pm
"Yeah, cause who needs musical theatre performers, really? Oh, oh wait no. Someone's got to fill up those ensemble scenes and understudy for the big names."

Ah, but this isn't musical theatre - it's rock opera! I think it's great that this piece is going back to it's roots and what it originally was - a concert tour of a fantastic rock album.

Page: 1