Page: 1

Off on my final theatre trip of 2010

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#1
Posted: 12/13/10 at 5:03pm
I'm all packed and ready to head off on Wednesday morning to the Smoke for my final theatre spree of the year. It's going to be 4 shows in two days:
Wed mat: LOVE STORY
Wed eve: A CHRISTMAS CAROL (at the Lion & Unicorn Theatre - a very good friend of mine is in the cast)
Thurs mat: END OF THE RAINBOW
Thurs eve: ON THE 20TH CENTURY (at the Union Theatre)

I'll post my views after I get back home on Friday night.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 12/13/10 at 05:03 PM
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#2
Posted: 12/13/10 at 5:04pm
Fabulous selection. Have seen Love Story/End of the Rainbow and they are both wonderful, and I have always really admired the Union Theatre, always fabulous quality of productions.
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#2
Posted: 12/13/10 at 5:06pm
My last was Hamlet last Thursday Off on my final theatre trip of 2010
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#3
Posted: 12/14/10 at 3:56am
I'm dragging it right out to the end of the year and hitting The Winter's Tale before going to a New Year's party. Considering I had January off, it's the least I could do. :) I have four Shakespeares and one farce, then roll on 2011!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#4
Posted: 12/14/10 at 6:03am
I am sure you will like Love Story.

Bon Voyage.
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#5
Posted: 12/14/10 at 6:50am
My last visits of the year will be Aladdin at the Mayflower with Lilly Savage tonight and Wicked on Thursday. Already booked my first trip of 2011 to Love Never Dies though!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#6
Posted: 12/14/10 at 3:36pm
Have a good time.

I'm going to love story next week. Swallows and amazons the week after and king Lear will be my last of the year.
Lelana82
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#7
Posted: 12/14/10 at 4:11pm
I've got Love Story and A Christmas Carol. Hope you enjoy them bob8rich, look forward to reading your views.
*Theatre 2011* Salad Days, Flashdance, Footloose, Wicked, Swan Lake, Love Story, Spelling Bee, End Of The Rainbow, To Kill A Mockingbird, Ordinary Days, Million Dollar Quartet, Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Betty Blue Eyes, The Exonerated,Jekyll and Hyde, Precious Little Talent,Thrill Me, The Children's Hour, Priscilla, Jest End, We Will Rock You, Flare Path, Jersey Boys, Hamlet The Musical, Lord Of The Flies, Shrek, Edges, Lend Me A Tenor, Legally Blonde, Girlfriends, Belongings, She Loves Me, Shrek
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#8
Posted: 12/14/10 at 4:54pm
My last show will be White Christmas on Christmas Eve!!! Yayyyy!
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#9
Posted: 12/14/10 at 5:01pm
That sounds magical, Mark!

jaqs, when are you going to see Swallows and Amazons, turns out that I am going to see that now, and it will be the last of the year for me!
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#10
Posted: 12/14/10 at 6:13pm
Hehe it will be magical I have it all planned out. It's gonna be a very cold night going into the Empire and then when we are leaving it is going to start snowing and a group of carol singers will be singing "White Christmas" as we are leaving. Perfect!!!

Then I can wake up :P
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#11
Posted: 12/14/10 at 7:08pm
Sunderland?
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#12
Posted: 12/14/10 at 7:17pm
Yip first show I'll be seeing there since Evita last October. Their prices are just too expensive for me now, damn regional theatre's. Since when is 2 off gonna bring the students in when the tickets are 40 anyways. Luckily parents are treating us, in the back row of the upper circle which is still 20 but atleast we are going Off on my final theatre trip of 2010.
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#13
Posted: 12/15/10 at 9:16am
Going to Swallows and Amazons on the 29th. Taking the family, looking forward to it.
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#14
Posted: 12/15/10 at 9:33am
Aha, i'm going on the 29th too, but i'm going to the matinee.
MusicalBoy Profile PhotoMusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#15
Posted: 12/15/10 at 4:02pm
I'm on a budget (8-10 shows a year) so the last thing I saw was Chess on tour in November, but I'm already booked to see Wizard of Oz and Love Never Dies 2.0 next year before Ramin leaves so YAY, and have fun at Love Story, it sounds like the kind of show that might tour so let us know if its any good
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Off on my final theatre trip of 2010#16
Posted: 12/17/10 at 2:33pm
Okay - I'm back home somehow after having to shovel masses of snow from around my car to get it out of the station car park when I got back to Neath! I had a great two days in London and here are my views on the shows I saw:

LOVE STORY*** - On the whole I enjoyed it. It's quite a "nice" show, it has a "nice" feel to it; the music was "nice" but rather too bland, repetitive and boring for my tastes - and God the opening number seemed to go on forever and never seemed to go anywhere musically. (Though the Pasta song is terrific.) The best thing about the show is the three central performances - Emma Williams, Michael Xavier and Peter Polycarpou.Still, I have certainly seen a lot worse.

A CHRISTMAS CAROL***** (at the Lion & Unicorn Theatre) - brilliantly directed by Ray Shell (one of the original Five Guys Named Moe), a wonderful piece of theatre. I've written a review for BWW which should be "live" on the UK West end page soon.

END OF THE RAINBOW***** - LOVED it. As for Tracie Bennett - a truly astonishing performance.

ON THE 20TH CENTURY***** - FAB-U-LOUS! What a fantastic end to my 2010 theatre. It's a great show - full of superb Cy Coleman music and the wit and comic-storytelling master-craftsmanship of Comden and Green. And it's yet another brilliant production at the Union Theatre - superbly staged, a fantatsically functional set from the genius of Diego Pietarch (who has done such awesome work at the Watermill in recent years) and the entire cast are top-notch, with the delightful Rebecca Vere the cream of the crop. This show should be on everyone's "not-to-be-missed" list.

And if all that were not enough, I called in at Dress Circle this morning on my way to the station and one of the songs with my lyrics from the MORE WITH EVERY LINE album was playing! They told me the album is selling VERY well so that was even greater music to my ears! (There's going to be a cast signing at DC sometime in the New Year - I'll post details when a date has been confirmed.)
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 12/17/10 at 02:33 PM