Page: 1

Dance You Little Bastard!

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dance You Little Bastard!#1
Posted: 11/14/10 at 7:02pm
Not much has been said on here recently about Billy Elliot, just wanted to say I saw this for the 7th time on Friday night at the Oriental Theater, Chicago and this show still knocks my socks off.

The West End show has been running since March 2005 and the Broadway show has just had its second birthday and both shows still get strong attendances.

What a theater the Oriental is in Chicago, for such a big theatre, it is stunning and has such a palatial feeling about it, one of the prettiest theaters I have been to.

Last night I saw the Broadway flop musical 'Story of my Life' and can understand exactly, why it flopped.

In 1/2 hour I am going to the Cadilac Palace to see 'The Lion King', I kind of enjoy the Lion King, not so sure I want to see this again after seeing this show in Las Vegas in June, however i8t be interest how the creatives will translate a full set to a touring set and it will be great to see this theater.
Updated On: 11/14/10 at 07:02 PM
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dance You Little Bastard!#2
Posted: 11/14/10 at 7:08pm
yes, POL - the Oriental in Chicago is a fabulolus theatre. I saw Ragtime there back in 1999.

Also totally agree about Billy Elliot - a genuinely great show. But The Lion King bored the ass off me when I saw it in 1999 - no way I could ever sit through it a second time.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dance You Little Bastard!#2
Posted: 11/15/10 at 12:08am
Nowhere is Billy Elliot told to 'dance you little bastard'?????????????????????
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dance You Little Bastard!#3
Posted: 11/15/10 at 6:21am
Isn't it when his brother shoves him up on the dining room table in front of everyone?
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dance You Little Bastard!#4
Posted: 11/15/10 at 11:17am
Yeah...
Gypsy_Woman Profile PhotoGypsy_Woman Profile Photo
Gypsy_Woman
Swing
Swing
Dance You Little Bastard!#5
Posted: 4/6/11 at 1:01pm
Tony shouts "dance, you little bastard, dance" at Billy after dragging him onto the kitchen table, when Mrs Wilkinson tells Billy's dad & brother that Billy has been practising & Billy announces he doesnt want a childhood, he wants to be a ballet dancer
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dance You Little Bastard!#6
Posted: 4/6/11 at 1:12pm
Must be coming up to 6 years in London. What a fantastic success; long may it continue
Justin D Profile PhotoJustin D Profile Photo
Justin D
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dance You Little Bastard!#7
Posted: 4/6/11 at 4:03pm
Lion Kind should look ok in that space, I think it is where the tour started (or atleast one of the 2 tours, it was there for an extented period) the only strange looking thing is pride rock because in one scene it takes forever to roll off stage with scar standing on it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dance You Little Bastard!#8
Posted: 4/7/11 at 6:07pm
Who was playing Mrs Wilkinson and how did she do?

Did they use the Broadway Angry Dance?
Gypsy_Woman Profile PhotoGypsy_Woman Profile Photo
Gypsy_Woman
Swing
Swing
Dance You Little Bastard!#9
Posted: 4/11/11 at 8:35am
cannot compare it to the Broadway performance, but they certainly do the "angry dance" one of my favourite tracks.
The Mrs Wilkinson here in London is the Australian actress Genevieve Lemon, I think she turns in a great performance, but I havent seen anyone else in the role, so have no comparison, but hearing her natural accent, I think she does a great job with the Geordie accent

Page: 1