Page: 1

Michael Grandage....

Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Michael Grandage....#1
Posted: 10/2/10 at 5:19pm
is to step down from his post as Artitic Director at The Donmar Warehouse at the end of 2011.

Both he and his predecesor, Sam Mendes, has made the Donmar THE theatre to be associated with.

Full story here;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11447874
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Michael Grandage....#2
Posted: 10/3/10 at 12:14am
Grandage along with Sam Mendes made the Donmar the place to perform and see hit shows, they have produced many hits that transferred both to the West End and Broadway, he also took risks with the Donmar West End which paid off. I have a feeling he's taking a break until The National gig comes up in three years time plus he's got a lot on his plate outside of running the Donmar.

Wonder who'll replace him?
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Michael Grandage....#2
Posted: 10/3/10 at 3:59am
Sad to hear that Michael Grandage is leaving the Donmar. He has achieved great things there during his tenure. I thought Sam Mendes would be a tough act to follow but he has done so brilliantly; definitely a potential candidate for the NT in the future.

Will be interesting to see who follows him at the Donmar. I wondered about Ian Rickson though having been in charge of the Royal Court I wonder if it would be an obvious move for him?

There is always Jamie Lloyd, already an associate director at the Donmar who has done good work there already, notably Piaf and now directing Passion of course.