Page: 1

Something About Mary

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Something About Mary#1
Posted: 7/6/10 at 4:04pm
Coming upto four years playing Broadway and Mary Poppin's is still doing terrific business on the Great White Way, it is grossing over $1m a week, not bad gross.

A show that didn't win a Tony? Got a very bad write up by The Times, although Clive Barnes adored it, but The Post does not put bums on seats.

Why has this show caught New Yorkers imagination? Just shows how great and astute producer Cameroon Mackintosh is and still remaining a very nice person?
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Something About Mary#2
Posted: 7/6/10 at 4:20pm
Mary Poppins seems to appeals more to the Americans than the British for some reason. I love the show but it's very different from the film which actually works in its favour. I have a feeling the show will close once Disney has a production ready to replace it at The New Amsterdam but it's doing great on tour in the US and is about to open in Melbourne and Cameron will probably find a way of bringing it back to the UK in the near future.

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Something About Mary#2
Posted: 7/6/10 at 5:28pm
The show sent me to sleep - seriously mediocre IMO.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Something About Mary#3
Posted: 7/11/10 at 11:39pm
I have to agree with bob, I thought the show looked great but I found it overlong and a pretty dull. After sitting through it for 3 months when it was at the Manchester Palace I saw more and more problems with it. I didn't think it would do well In NY and expected it to go the way of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, guess I was wrong lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Something About Mary#4
Posted: 7/12/10 at 12:45am
The issue with the show is that the direction of the cast is rather indifferent, and thus they are never challenged to go to a deep emotional place, which would help make the story much clearer. Often the Banks parents are BORING. The best performances I've seen in those roles are from understudies only who do their own, much more thrilling, thing.
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Something About Mary#5
Posted: 7/12/10 at 1:18am
Starts previews in Melbourne this week. From what I hear matinees are selling well but evening sales are slugish.