Page: 1

Passion tickets

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Passion tickets#1
Posted: 7/6/10 at 10:13am
I've been trying to book tickets for Passion at the Donmar. I've tried five different dates and each time it said there were no tickets available. Does anyone know if the show is already sold out?
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA*** ELEGIES FOR ANGELS PUNKS AND RAGING QUEENS**** AMOUR*****
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Passion tickets#2
Posted: 7/6/10 at 10:44am
Just had a quick look on the site and as of right now there are tickets available for these performances:

Tuesday 14 September, 7:30pm
Thursday 16 September, 7:30pm
Thursday 23 September, 7:30pm
Thursday 7 October, 7:30pm
Wednesday 3 November, 7:30pm
Tuesday 16 November, 7:30pm
Wednesday 24 November, 2:30pm

Don't know if those are any good for you. All the others are sold out. Of course the Donmar is tiny and this show has been on sale since April, so not really surprising. Some shows sell out on the first day there - the big name stuff like King Lear and Streetcar.

I've already booked for this but I'm not that enthusiastic about it to be honest - it's never been one of my favourite Sondheims, and the two productions (of other shows) that I've seen by this director have been mind-numbingly boring!
Updated On: 7/6/10 at 10:44 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Passion tickets#2
Posted: 7/6/10 at 10:54am
Thanks Marius. Really gutted to see that they're the only dates still available as I can't get to London on those dates and I desperately want to see this. (Love the Passion score and the thought of Elena Roger as Fosca is mouthwatering.) It's the problem of my not living in London especially with shows on a short run. I've not been in a position until now to know when I could get to London to see it and now that I know my dates, it's too late! F**k! lol
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA*** ELEGIES FOR ANGELS PUNKS AND RAGING QUEENS**** AMOUR*****
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Passion tickets#3
Posted: 7/6/10 at 11:57am
Ive also never been a big fan of Passion
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Passion tickets#4
Posted: 7/6/10 at 12:10pm
I thought Elizabeth Taylor's fragrance was one of your favourites!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Passion tickets#5
Posted: 7/6/10 at 12:25pm
Its worth giving them a ring to check if they have anything for your dates. Also the donmar sometimes slip a few tickets on sale later on.

Otherwise its hitting the dayqueue - or find someone to queue for you, or someone queueing anyway who only want one to get 2 etc but not good for forward planning.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Passion tickets#6
Posted: 7/6/10 at 2:16pm
If you're on Facebook and/or Twitter, become a fan. If they get a group return, they'll often let the online people know about it and just let nature take its course. And as jaqs says, giving them a ring or just keeping an eye on the website will often see a few tickets come available. Failing that, I'm not much a forward planner so generally assume I will have to queue for dayseats for the Donmar Warehouse. I can't promse my availability at the moment, but you could list your preferred dates and see if we (or you and someone else) could come to an arrangement?
Updated On: 7/6/10 at 02:16 PM
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Passion tickets#7
Posted: 7/6/10 at 2:42pm
I would definitely give them a ring, it might just pay.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Passion tickets#8
Posted: 7/6/10 at 5:22pm
I will definitely give the Donmar a ring as there's nothing to lose. Thanks Weez for your suggestion/offer but forward planning is pretty much essential for me. It's not cost effective for me to head to London just to see one show so I have to tie it in with other plans. Also standing in a queue is not an option for me - with my back problem & arthritis, five minutes is lterally the maximum I can stand in line.

I was hoping to see Passion when I stay over in London the night before my next planned trip to New York in November or possibly when I will be in London on September 25, so those are the only dates I can see it. I know I should have booked when tickets went on sale in April but I just could not be sure back then when I would be in London between September and November. I may get lucky when I phone but I've pretty much accepted now that I'll have to miss this one.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Passion tickets#9
Posted: 7/7/10 at 5:13am
Just had a look at the Domnar Warehouse website, to buy tickets you are redirected to the Ambassador website for 25th September, it says please call O844 871 7656, so I would be quite hopeful, they still do have a ticket available.