Page: 1

New York, New York!

nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
New York, New York!#1
Posted: 6/29/10 at 4:11am
Hello all! I go off to New York later today. Any advice as to where to go, what to see?
choitoy Profile Photochoitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
New York, New York!#2
Posted: 6/29/10 at 5:10am
Is it your first time in NY? There's just so many places to go and things to do.

My sister and I went for the first time in late April, and though we stuffed those 5 days full of sightseeing, 3 shows, and the Sondheim tribute concert, there was so much stuff we wished we could do. But I guess that's why you go back eventually.
Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
New York, New York!#3
Posted: 6/29/10 at 7:56am
So much to see in New York. But the absolute "must sees" sight-wise I would say are:
TIMES SQUARE at night
CENTRAL PARK - especially the Bethesda Fountain (one of my fav places on the planet)
THE TOP OF THE ROCK - observatory at the top of the Rockefeller Center - the best view in Manhattan
NEW YORK HARBOR - cheapest way is the free Staten Island Ferry, which gives you a good view of the Statue Of Liberty and the Manhattan Skyline - but if you have more time (and money) take the Liberty Island Ferry over to the Statue and on to Ellis Island

Depending on how much time you have, a walk on to or even right across the BROOKLYN BRIDGE is fabulous.

Show-wise, obviously it depends on your personal tastes in music and theatre, but IMO the absolute "must see" shows are:
NEXT TO NORMAL
AMERICAN IDIOT
PROMISES PROMISES
and, if you have not already seen it in London, BILLY ELLIOT.

And if you want the best breakfast in New York, check out the CARNEGIE DELI (55th St & 7th Ave) - awesome food and great atmosphere with pics of numerous celebrities who've eaten there.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 6/29/10 at 07:56 AM
sgv123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
New York, New York!#4
Posted: 6/29/10 at 11:40am
delete
Updated On: 6/29/10 at 11:40 AM