MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#1
Posted: 6/4/10 at 7:34pm
A Brief Encounter On Broadway
YES! its going to hit New York.
This stunning production that played London 2 years ago gets a very well deserved Broadway outing.
Tonys all round next year are a dead cert!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#2
Posted: 6/4/10 at 7:41pm
Could never force myself to go see this as the movie bored me to tears (pure corn). I know everyone seems to have raved about the stage production but I still don't think I could face that kind of sentimentality laid on with a trowel either here or in New York.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 6/4/10 at 07:41 PM
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#2
Posted: 6/4/10 at 8:08pm
It is so far from the movie you wouldn't believe, certainly not my fav movie either Bob. It is pure, brilliant, theatre.
See it Bob.
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#3
Posted: 6/4/10 at 8:58pm
Fantastic news! I absolutely loved this show on tour; so innovative and generally just fantastic. Here's to a successful (and well-deserved) Broadway run!! :)
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#4
Posted: 6/5/10 at 4:15am
This is an amazing show, and certainly deserves it's place on Broadway.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#5
Posted: 6/5/10 at 7:58am
Amazing show, thrilled it's going to Broadway
Bob you don't know what you are missing
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#6
Posted: 6/5/10 at 9:48am
How is the play so different from the movie? Does it have a different plot? Different style of dialogue? It's just that the images and sounds of Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson are so ingrained in my memory and the memory makes me want to vomit LOL.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
jake47
Swing
Swing
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#7
Posted: 7/26/10 at 1:54pm
Hi Bob ime from England i saw this musical last year here at the Wolverhampton grand theatre .The play is loosely based on the film of the same name but is so, so much more, the whole ambiance of the evening is transformed to the 40's the cast are multi talented and the will make an evening out seem like an escape from reality.If you have to go and watch one musical this year then go and see this one it will be well worth it.I cant wait until it hopefully retrurns home to England.
AvenueQResident Profile PhotoAvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#8
Posted: 7/26/10 at 2:13pm
I took my dad to this, who didn't like the idea of seeing 'Brief Encounter' on stage - from the first few minutes of the cast playing the ushers singing together, he instantly fell in love.

A very innovative take on a classic play, whether you're a fan or not, it's a very unique piece of theatre, albeit, a very entertaining one!
Everything in life...is only for now.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#9
Posted: 7/26/10 at 2:45pm
I wish it could come back to London especially at The Cineworld Haymarket but I guess it's up to Kneehigh and Cineworld who I believe are a producer alongside David Pugh and Dafydd Rogers for the upcoming Broadway production.
kooky
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Brief Encounter On Broadway#10
Posted: 7/27/10 at 5:18pm
can't wait to see this .......