Page: 1

Aspects of Love now confirmed

Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aspects of Love now confirmed#1
Posted: 5/17/10 at 7:16am
Aspects of Love Now On Sale!

EXCLUSIVE MAILING LIST ADVANCE BOOKING PERIOD FOR 24 HOURS ONLY!!!!

Booking will open to the general public on 18th May @ 12 noon

Music By Andrew Lloyd Webber

Lyrics By Don Black & Charles Hart - Based on the novella by David Garnett

Trevor Nunn returns to the Chocolate Factory to direct the first major London revival of Andrew Lloyd Webber, Don Black and Charles Hart's Aspects of Love starring Katherine Kingsley and Michael Arden.

Based on David Garnett’s novel of the same name, the musical tells the story of passion, love and loss across three generations of a family and their companions set against the background of 1940’s France and Italy. Alex Dillingham, a young student travelling through France, falls in love with the alluring actress Rose Vibert. As the pair embark on a passionate affair, the unexpected arrival of Alex’s uncle changes their lives forever. A love story spanning twenty years binding six people and three generations as they come to appreciate that love changes everything.

Special Low Price Previews Available

7th - 14th July

Standard Seats - £29.50

Meal Deals - £37.00

From 15th July - 26th September

Standard Seats - £32.00

Meal Deal - £39.50

Concessions and groups (8+) - £27.50

Call the Box Office on 020 7907 7060 (£2 transaction fee)

To Book Online Click Here

We are not able to offer ANY refunds or exchanges on tickets so please check your booking before purchasing.

We strongly advise that you read the Performance Information on our Website before booking.

Katherine Kingsley, currently in The 39 Steps, was nominated for an Olivier Award for her role as Marlene Dietrich in Piaf. Credits include Sylvia Hamilton/Shell/Edward R Murrow in The Truth Will Out (Old Vic US/UK exchange); Tracy Lord in High Society (Shaftesbury Theatre/National Tour) and Mary in Memory of Water (Bristol Old Vic).

MIchael Arden, making his London stage debut, has starred in numerous Broadway and Off-Broadway Shows and in 2007 toured Europe with Barbra Streisand. Theatre credits include Big River, The Times They Are A-Changin’, Bare, God of Vengeance, The Common Pursuit and As You LIke It. His television credits include Bones, Grey's Anatomy and Numb3rs.

Further Casting to be announced.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aspects of Love now confirmed#2
Posted: 5/17/10 at 10:56am
Not big on this show so i will be giving it a miss
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Cape Twirl of Doom Profile PhotoCape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aspects of Love now confirmed#2
Posted: 5/17/10 at 2:55pm
Can someone help me out here? I'm going to have one free night in London on July 9 so I'd like to catch this, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get to the theatre in time, it depends if what I am doing earlier that day runs late or not. Is the Menier a place that sells out in advance or are you typically able to purchase tickets at the box office before the show?
"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Aspects of Love now confirmed#3
Posted: 5/17/10 at 3:13pm
It tends to sell out.
Depends on the show, but popular stuff sells quickly.
Its tiny.
Cape Twirl of Doom Profile PhotoCape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aspects of Love now confirmed#4
Posted: 5/17/10 at 4:27pm
Thanks.
It may be worth it for me to just buy in advance and hope I make it then, since the tickets aren't that expensive.
"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aspects of Love now confirmed#5
Posted: 5/17/10 at 4:42pm
I'd allow at least half-an-hour (preferably 45 minutes) to get from the heart of the West End to the Menier using foot and Tube.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aspects of Love now confirmed#6
Posted: 5/18/10 at 2:59am
Best way is to catch a overhead train from Charing Cross to London Bridge, then about a 10 minute walk.

I weould be lying if I said I knew Michael or katherine, but looking forward to this anyway, apt the last night is on my birthday, so who is treating me?
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aspects of Love now confirmed#7
Posted: 5/18/10 at 9:26am
Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley have been cast in 'Aspects of Love'.
Opening at the Menier Chocolate Factory.
15th July 2010, following previews from 7th July. Closing 26th Sep 2010.

Further casting will be announced shortly.

American actor Michael Arden will be making his London stage debut in the role of Alex Dillingham. His Broadway credits include Tom Sawyer in 'Big River' in 2003 and more recently he was seen in 'The Times They Are A-Changing' based on the music of Bob Dylan. His TV and film credits include 'Bones', 'Numbers' and 'Grey’s Anatomy' as well as 'Bride Wars' and 'The Good Shepherd'.
In 2007 he toured Europe with Barbra Streisand.

Katherine Kingsley will play Rose Vibert. She can currently be seen in 'The 39 Steps' on its UK tour. Her London theatre credits include 'Piaf' for the Donmar Warehouse and at the Vaudeville Theatre in 2008 and 'High Society' at the Shaftesbury in 2005. Her TV credits include 'The Bill', 'Hollyoaks' and 'Casualty'.

'Aspects of Love' has music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, lyrics by Don Black and Charles Hart, and is based on the novel by David Garnett.

Directed by Trevor Nunn, who previously directed the world premiere of 'Aspects of Love' in 1989, and returns to the piece to direct this new intimate version.

Designs are by David Farley, lighting by Paul Pyant, sound by Gareth Owen.

The show tells the story of passion, love and loss across three generations of a family and their companions set against the background of 1940’s France and Italy. Alex Dillingham, a young student travelling through France, falls in love with the alluring actress Rose Vibert. As the pair embark on a passionate affair, the unexpected arrival of Alex’s uncle changes their lives forever.
A love story spanning twenty years binding six people and three generations as they come to appreciate that love changes everything.