Page: 1

Billy Elliot 5th Birthday

chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Billy Elliot 5th Birthday#1
Posted: 3/31/10 at 10:27pm
Just a very quick one, but I was lucky enough to be invited to the BE 5th part tonight. The show was great (Tom Holland as Billy) and the ever wonderful Joanna Riding stole the show. BUT the definite highlight was the INSANE and INCREDIBLE Billy performance at the end with about 25 past Billy's coming together to do one of the most electrifying routine and performance I've ever seen.

Im not a HUGE fan of the show, but this was insane, and im sure video footage will be available soon (there were LOTS of cameras filming), but this routine was one of the best things ive ever witnessed.... and so nice to see that so many of the old Billys are still dancing (and dancing better than ever!). I was actually lost for words!!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy Elliot 5th Birthday#2
Posted: 4/1/10 at 2:18pm
Well deserved 5th birthday for Billy.

I worry for Billy on Broadway, seeing it up for 50% off on a Saturday night, think this one is starting to lose steam, might not make it to 5, maybe not be around too long? Glad the show has recouped.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy Elliot 5th Birthday#2
Posted: 4/2/10 at 12:22am
'Billy' will get maybe another year on Broadway. These biggies run out of steam once figures tart to fall
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy Elliot 5th Birthday#3
Posted: 4/2/10 at 5:14am
Billy was always good to be a long-runner in London rather than on Broadway. Am sure it will be here in another 5 years time. Can't believe its 5 years since I first saw the show. Happy birthday Billy Billy Elliot 5th Birthday
charlieoflondon Profile Photocharlieoflondon Profile Photo
charlieoflondon
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Billy Elliot 5th Birthday#4
Posted: 4/3/10 at 5:01pm
If anyone is interested, here is the 19 Billy's finale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpwxmOTSH80
TBD2
Understudy
Understudy
Billy Elliot 5th Birthday#5
Posted: 4/6/10 at 11:44am
Although it's likely to run longer on the West End than Broadway, I think it's a little early to put any nails in yet. It's coming off a $1.3M week on Broadway, near its record and has hardly ever dropped below $1M. It's almost always one of the top 3 grossing Broadway shows. New 'buzz' with new Billys, tours starting, etc... All indications are it can profit at $800K per week so I think it's healthy enough for a long haul still. Did I mention that in 6 or 7 weeks it will break into the top 20 grossing shows of all time? Not exactly limping yet.

Congrats on 5 great years!