Page: 1

Billy taking on his Fourth Sit Down

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy taking on his Fourth Sit Down#1
Posted: 3/18/10 at 8:37am
Billy Elliot is opening tonight at the Ford Centre/Oriental Theatre.

After taking the West End by storm nearly five years ago, then Australia by storm, then swept everything aside on Broadway, Billy is now set his tap shoes in Chicago and across North America.

Go Billy!!!! x
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy taking on his Fourth Sit Down#2
Posted: 3/18/10 at 5:03pm
And, here is to what I believe is going to be another successful run of the show. I believe it was in an article with Playbill.com that I read that they were planning to stay in Chicago "until they kick us out." Which I read as they will be staying in Chicago until they loose steam.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy taking on his Fourth Sit Down#2
Posted: 3/18/10 at 5:39pm
So going from what you are saying Winston, they are going to create a third touring company for the US?
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy taking on his Fourth Sit Down#3
Posted: 3/18/10 at 7:17pm
I believe so. However, I have heard nothing official about a tour going to happen. Nothing beyond rumours and speculation.

I do know that they set things up for the Chicago run as if it were a sit down. If they are touring there is no way that they can use some of the stage effects that they have been using such as the house coming up from below the stage etc on tour.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
theatreguy Profile Phototheatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy taking on his Fourth Sit Down#5
Posted: 3/18/10 at 9:05pm
Thanks, I we saying that Chicago is the first national tour and will move to other major cities when the audience tips? if this is the case it will give credence to what Winston says about "the house coming through the floor"?

So will the second national tour will be the one that will visit Toronto?
PastorErnst Profile PhotoPastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Billy taking on his Fourth Sit Down#6
Posted: 3/18/10 at 9:51pm
As of right now, it's undecided what cast will be in Toronto. It will either be the Chicago cast or it will be an entirely new cast.
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy taking on his Fourth Sit Down#7
Posted: 3/18/10 at 11:47pm
I thought that their plan was to play in Chicago till they loose steam and then move to Toronto.

I just used the house set as an example of things that would need to be altered for the tour.