Hair - Booking?

AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#1
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:08am
Whats the buzz... anything?

Remember when new shows had a hype about opening.. what every happened?

And what is with Hairs' prices?! 10 off a group rate aswell!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#2
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:09am
I'm popping into to see someone I know there tonight and my first few questions will be about this. From what I hear already it is very, very slow.
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#2
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:11am
There is nothing anywhere about it and those prices can't be pulling them in ... That claim of first time ever a Broadway cast has transfered over for a whole went down like a lead balloon!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#3
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:20am
That may be Cameron's new little seller for his shows- he has the tag line 'West End Debut' for 'Grumpy Old Woman'- wrong!
I said on the other 'Hair' thread that the British theatre going public don't give a damn about original cast members form Broadway unless its a real star name!
Updated On: 3/5/10 at 07:20 AM
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#4
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:23am
Exactly... These marketers need to get a grip!

I thought about getting a group together for this show; but nobody is will to part with 55, don't blame them. Its a cracking show, but totally wrong for these price bracket.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#5
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:32am
'Hair' is not the first complete Broadway cast to come over.
The first one I saw was 'Aint Misbehavin' back in 1979!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#6
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:51am
They are certainly marketing this show, seen adverts in the tabloids and posters on the underground, so surprised this is selling so slowly.

I didn't connect with the show in New York, but looking forward to seeing this show again at half price.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#7
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:58am
Cheap skate lol
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#8
Posted: 3/5/10 at 8:08am
Its top prices are higher than Love Never Dies, so its not that surprising. The lack of group rates is also ridiculous.
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#9
Posted: 3/5/10 at 9:20am
I've seen ALOT of different posters, all throught bournemouth, poole, southampton, brockenhurst and christchurch train stations in the last week! And these are just the stations I go through! haha, marketing is DEFFINATLEY starting!
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#10
Posted: 3/5/10 at 9:29am
so... i'm the only one excited about this then?
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hair - Booking?#11
Posted: 3/5/10 at 10:52am
No im excited about this as well
former sadm2 (wink)
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hair - Booking?#12
Posted: 3/5/10 at 11:30am
I want to see it, but like Phantom will wait for discounts.
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#13
Posted: 3/5/10 at 11:49am
I don't think i can wait for LND. I'm avoiding all threads, the album and as much as possible so i can walk in to a show for once without knowing anything about it. If i leave it too long i'll buy the album, watch the youtube vids, read the synopsis and know all the 'magical' bits. Why do we do this to ourselves i ask you? Surely with our love and appreciation of the theatre we should want to wait to have that first impression thrust upon us and be swept away with the narrative.

It's been a long dull day at work lol.
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#14
Posted: 3/5/10 at 12:59pm
I'm excited about Hair too; rather more so than Sweet Charity.

And, whilst I don't assume that American performers are necessarily superior to British ones, I do think that the shared culture and heritage of an American cast will bring something special to this particular show, its perspective on American history and America's role in the World during that period.

PS Why are they marketing this in Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch - are they where retired hippies go to live?
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#15
Posted: 3/5/10 at 1:33pm
I'm excited about Hair, but I can't afford it at this present time. Hopefully something here will come right and I will be able to see it!
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#16
Posted: 3/5/10 at 2:44pm
There is hardly any buzz for this. Most people at my college kind of know it's coming but only at student rate prices.
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hair - Booking?#17
Posted: 3/6/10 at 8:11am
How full broadway cast is it?
Its just I read Holly James will be in it and wondered if that meant other UK performers would be too....
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#18
Posted: 3/6/10 at 8:16am
Original Broadway cast- Jerry Lewis' Damn Yankees did this too I believe. Rent was mostly Broadway. In reverse, I think the whole cast of Kiss of the Spiderwoman transfered from London.

This should be a hot ticket but all the focus is on a certain other musequel at the moment...
sgv123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#19
Posted: 3/6/10 at 4:17pm
jags---20 will be in London for 6 months...Will I believe only 2 months. The other 10 are not going.
Updated On: 3/6/10 at 04:17 PM
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#20
Posted: 3/7/10 at 3:46am
Scrips, they always use ALOT of musical advertising on that particular train line, as it is the main one that connects the south of England to London!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#21
Posted: 3/7/10 at 5:50am
Legally Sam had a blast when he saw Hair in New York, I imagine part of that great experience was because Sam stood on a Broadway stage, when I was there they emptied everyone from the Balcony on to the stage at the end via two stairways at the side of the stage at The Al Hirschfeld, I am wondering if the same is possible at The Gielgud?
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#22
Posted: 3/7/10 at 3:18pm
Thanks sgv123 - I'll try and get in during the first two months to see Will.
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#23
Posted: 3/7/10 at 4:12pm
I do know that for those members of the Broadway cast that aren't going, they are replacing them with other Broadway actors. For example, Bryce Rynace sp? who was the original Woof, at least for the Broadway revival ( don't know about the Central Park production) isn't going over to London. However, he is being replaced by an actor named Luther Creek who's last stint on Broadway was in Rent a good while back.

I was speaking to someone at the theatre and he was saying that while all the leads are coming from Broadway there are some London theatre actors being hired as both swings and understudies.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Piper3500 Profile PhotoPiper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hair - Booking?#24
Posted: 3/11/10 at 8:22pm
"Exactly... These marketers need to get a grip!

I thought about getting a group together for this show; but nobody is will to part with 55, don't blame them. Its a cracking show, but totally wrong for these price bracket."

the new cast in NY has names that people who watched American Idol would recognize. I adore the cast in London right now. I will be seeing them. 55 seems like a steal. what seats are those for? good seats run the same in NY with the money exchange. Stalls (second section of orchestra it seems) are 72 on the Gielgud site. I must be able to get them cheaper right?

any idea if it has picked up? when i went on to book, it was hard to find really good seats.
"it's a dirty little war"