MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lost -The Musical#1
Posted: 2/25/10 at 11:45am
Ooooops!
Sorry, I meant

Lost Musicals 2010.

The Lost Musicals 2010 London Season has been announced.
Now in its 20th year, Ian Marshall Fisher has directed over 70 neglected Broadway shows in London.
This year's season includes 3 Semi-staged productions - each performed 5 times on consecutive Sundays.

'Paris'.
Music & lyrics: Cole Porter, book: Martin Brown.
Lilian Baylis Theatre at Sadler's Wells, on Sundays 28th March at 2pm & 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th April at 4pm.
Starring Anne Reid, Richard Dempsey, Sian Reeves.
Written in 1928, 'Paris' is the Broadway comedy musical that showed Cole Porter as a leading world talent. One of the 7 numbers is 'Let's Do It'.
American socialite Cora Sabbott comes to Paris to stop her son's relationship with a French 'actress' - with hilarious results.
The show was Cole Porters first big Broadway hit. It opened in 1928 and ran for195 performances.

'The Day Before Spring',
Music: Frederick Loewe, book & lyrics: Alan Jay Lerner.
Lilian Baylis Theatre at Sadler's Wells, on Sundays 13th June at 4pm, 20th June at 2pm, 27th June & 4th July at 4pm, 11th July at 2pm. Written in 1945, much of the music was completely lost, until last year when a full conductor's score, containing everything were discovered. The musical is about a contended married woman, who at a college reunion, meets the man that she almost spent her life with. He's still responsive to her - and he has documented their romance in his latest best selling novel.
The show played Broadway in 1945 and ran just 167 performances.

Lost -The Musical
'Darling of the Day'.
Music; Jule Styne, Lyrics: E.Y. Harburg, Book: Nunnally Johnson.
Ondaatje Theatre at National Portrait Gallery, on Sundays on 22nd & 29th Aug, 5th, 12th, 19th Sep at 3pm. Written in 1968. A celebrated artist, yearning for anonymity fakes his own death and assumes his valet's identity but carries on painting - which means his art mysteriously keeps reappearing.
The Broadway production in 1968 starred Patricia Routledge and horror master Vincent Price in his only Broadway appearance, It ran only 31 performances.
Ms Routledge appeared in many shows on Broadway and the West End many years before her TV fame with 'Keeping Up Appearances'
Updated On: 2/25/10 at 11:45 AM
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lost -The Musical#2
Posted: 2/25/10 at 6:14pm
Three great vintage shows! I booked ages ago for THE DAY BEFORE SPRING on June 13 - I've been desperate to see this show for over 40 years! I've always been a huge fan of Alan Jay Lerner (one of THE masters of lyrical dexterity, wit and heartfelt emotion) and as soon as I found out about this presentation of his first ever Broadway show, I went straight online and booked. Really excited about seeing it at last.

I'd love to see Darling Of The Day Too - I love Jule Styne's music and there are some fabulous songs in this score. But I don't think I can get to London for any of the dates it will be on.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lost -The Musical#2
Posted: 2/25/10 at 6:16pm
What does it mean by semi-staged???
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lost -The Musical#3
Posted: 2/25/10 at 6:24pm
"Semi-staged" means that it will be staged rather than just having singers standing still at microphones like a concert but there will be no set, just minimal props - and usually with "book in hand".

It's obviously not as ideal as seeing a fully staged show but, by doing this with short rehearsal time and a very basic budget, it means that some vintage shows of great interest and merit can be presented to an audience that would otherwise maybe not get seen.

I've seen quite a few of Ian Marshall Fisher's Lost Musicals over the years and every one has been superbly done and always with top class casts. I also saw a semi-staged production of No No Nanette at the City Center Encores season in New York a couple of years ago that was pretty fantastic.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 2/25/10 at 06:24 PM
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lost -The Musical#4
Posted: 2/25/10 at 6:35pm
Oh, Mama - you got me so excited!

There I was casting the musical in my mind:

Jack - John Barrowman
Kate - Ruthie Henshall
Hurley - Michael Ball
John Locke - Ben Kingsley
Sayeed - Sanjeev Bhaskar
Claire - Tamsin Outhwaite

Any other suggestions most welcome.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lost -The Musical#5
Posted: 2/25/10 at 6:56pm
Hurley - Michael Ball hahahahahaha- You make me die!

Lost -The Musical

Lost -The Musical
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lost -The Musical#6
Posted: 2/25/10 at 6:56pm
Updated On: 2/25/10 at 06:56 PM